No almighty ZX Spectrum thread?

Soldato
I know I shouldn't idolise. My 48k spectrum disappeared many years ago luckily we have PC emulators. Was playing some Sabre Wulf and Daley Thomspon's decathlon. Remember those days of smashing keys as fast as you could. So what speccy games are you playing, or have good memories of?

Associate
Daley Thomspon's decathlon
Supertest >> Decathalon, especially with the 128k tears of pain.

Not sure where I'd place Combat School in the waggle hierarchy, although I seem to remember it being somewhat easier. The Ocean collection packs were just hours of fun too.

Soldato
Dizzy games were my fav games, double dragon, the great escape I liked but never played it properly as too hard but was pretty cool. Had loads of games but can't remember that many now.

Soldato
Daley Thomspon's decathlon.

Destroyer of joysticks!

I was really young when I had my Spectrum +2, I normally just used to pick out games that had the best cover art.
But my absolute favourite would have to be Turbo Espirit

I didn't have much of a clue what I was doing, but just driving around the city was fun.

Soldato
Iirc beachhead was a good army type game, I think it's that where u control a pillar box and spray the incoming infantry.

I also enjoyed starwars iirc it came with speccy 3plus with discdrive. Was hard but fun with speed bikes, falcon which was real tricky. Etc.

Associate
I’d have to go Target Renegade on this one. Stood me in good stead when I made it into an arcade for some side scrolling beat em up action on classics such as Double Dragon or Final Fight.

Spy Hunter was amazing too but it only loaded about 1 in 3 times on my copy.

Still got my 48k+ in the loft but not seen any action for a long while..

Associate
I've still got 3 speccys in the loft, a 48k, a 128 and a +2. Had a few peripherals back in the day too, printer, microdrive interface, speech synthesiser, light pen but didn't bother keeping them.

Favourite games were Lunar Jetman, Scuba Dive, Trashman and Dark Star.

Man of Honour
29863349643_2d5e755842_b.jpg

29863347503_8e90a1c541_b.jpg
30197070020_00fc2df873_b.jpg

My Spectrums

Soldato
Surprised no ones mentioned skooldaze, now that was a cool game tho didn't know proper way to play I just messed around on it.

Anyone ever play juggernaut. I used to like this one too. But memory of it ain't great I just remember it was difficult but that was the fun when I was a kid.

https://youtu.be/ySrWSNo7zJ4

3d platform games like batman, movie, etc were cool too.

With hardware it had there was some very unique games back in the day, it's a shame there aren't as many different ideas these days on modern computers.

Associate
I had Juggernaut, the Speccy version of Euro Truck Simulator I guess, it was a top down map of a town with a wireframe articulated truck and AFAIK you had a limited time to get goods from one place to another, it was very difficult to reverse the trailer if I remember rightly.

Skool Daze I also had but got incredibly frustrated with it and would rage quit every time I put it on. Some of the shields were higher than others and you had to set up a situation where you knocked a kid down and jumped on his back to get them, I virtually always got caught trying to do this so I never once succeeded in collecting all the shields.

Back
Top Bottom