No backplate holes in motherboard

Caporegime
It's no comfort but it does state in the product description:

(LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM2+/AM2+/AM3+)

Whoever told you it would fit LGA2011 without getting the extra fitting from Antec gave you bad advice.

Soldato
OP
To be fair I should have phoned and asked if the 2011 mounting kit would be included before purchasing so I was a bit silly just taking the advice on face value....

Either way OCuk have done me proud as not only are they allowing me to return the item for a full refund they have guaranteed the replacement Corsair Hydro H80 I've ordered to be delivered by 10am Monday morning at no additional cost to myself!!!

I am simply amased at how well OCuk look after us their customers, its deeply refreshing as most companies out there don't care about you!

Soldato
Happens to us all! Luckily OcUK got your back, dawg :D.

I managed to muck up my last build, I ordered SODIMM ram instead of DIMM ram . . . . Luckily my laptop had a spare slot so I went upto 6gb (instead of 4gb) and bought a replacement from a local shop. I have built hundreds of PCs but the last was bought on " thats the cheapest - get that " sort of questions.

Associate
Either way OCuk have done me proud as not only are they allowing me to return the item for a full refund they have guaranteed the replacement Corsair Hydro H80

I take it this H80 is either for a 3820 processor or a 3930k which you don't plan to overclock very much.

Caporegime
None of the closed loop coolers have enough heat-shifting capacity to dissipate the heat of a 3930/3960 overclocked using any kind of voltage increases.

The H100 might have coped a bit better, but the flowrate on them is just so poor.

Soldato
To be fair I should have phoned and asked if the 2011 mounting kit would be included before purchasing so I was a bit silly just taking the advice on face value....

Either way OCuk have done me proud as not only are they allowing me to return the item for a full refund they have guaranteed the replacement Corsair Hydro H80 I've ordered to be delivered by 10am Monday morning at no additional cost to myself!!!

I am simply amased at how well OCuk look after us their customers, its deeply refreshing as most companies out there don't care about you!

Agreed, they're doing quite well lately.

Back
Top Bottom