No, not now surely....I cant believe it.

Soldato
Well the wonderfully built POS Xbox has scratched my GTA4 disc and now it is unreadable.

There is one 2mm scratch around half the disc, The game loads and within 10 seconds says 'the disc is unreadable'. My xbox has been on the cabinet untouched and has not been moved

I simply cannot believe it. It has only just come back from repair (RROD) and now its done this.

I phone MS support and they told me to walk into the Video 'game' company i bought it from and ask for another copy, surely they wont do this.

Anyway, im now without GTA and whats more annoying is the missus is out so i have all night to play it.

Gutted,

Any ideas on what else i can do ?

Last edited:
Associate
my xbox did the same with burnout (told the shop mine was like that when i bought it, they believed me oddly enough though that was returned within the hour), buy another copy send xbox off to ms and kick off with them and get a free accessory (best your getting off them) sell on ebay and recoup some of the cost.

Sucks i know but its the easiest way.

Soldato
OP
i feel for you man... :(

*cuddles ps3*

Lol, and it was only last week before GTA came out that i was thinking of getting one.

Looks like im going on Euro 2008 now, what a come down. Saying that, this has made me mad enough i might have to do some real life GTA. Time to start mowing down the neighbours :rolleyes: :)

Soldato
Lol, and it was only last week before GTA came out that i was thinking of getting one.

Looks like im going on Euro 2008 now, what a come down. Saying that, this has made me mad enough i might have to do some real life GTA. Time to start mowing down the neighbours :rolleyes: :)

lol. gutted, oh well. just out of interest, why did you not go for one??

Its just happened to me! My sound wasn't working so I reached over to tweak with my cable and over leans the 360!

painted a nice perfect unreadable detail along my disk 5 mins ago!

Looks like I am going to get another copy tomorrow!

it happened with Forza 2 when I got my 360 and Dixons replaced it no questions. Question is will the supermarket AND will they have any copies left!!

Good job I have a busy weekend!

******* console. really is poorly designed.

Changing one letter doesn't change your swearing.

Soldato
is it me or do loads of things go wrong with the 360s? i was thinking of getting one to compliment my ps3 (and cuz i always wanted to play halo 3 :p) but i'm always reading about things going wrong with em and am turned off by all the different versions and chipsets and all that jazz that people need to choose from...

might still get one cuz its nice to cover all the bases for when cool new games come out, but if i just had to have one system it is an incredibly easy choice...

Soldato
OP
lol. gutted, oh well. just out of interest, why did you not go for one??

My mate is / was thinking about buying my 360 off me, as he has just moved house (rented) he is currently working out the finances.

I may still get one anyway but im going to wait and see about the new PS3 thats rumoured to be out in the summer.

BTW, Euro 2008 really isnt cutting it for me :(

Soldato
OP
Question is will the supermarket AND will they have any copies left!!

This is the thing, im going to ring the game company up tomorrow and find out if they have any copies.

is it me or do loads of things go wrong with the 360s? i was thinking of getting one to compliment my ps3 (and cuz i always wanted to play halo 3 :p) but i'm always reading about things going wrong with em and am turned off by all the different versions and chipsets and all that jazz that people need to choose from...

might still get one cuz its nice to cover all the bases for when cool new games come out, but if i just had to have one system it is an incredibly easy choice...

I was saying a very similiar thing to a work collegue,about the fact that i think the xbox is a bit too unreliable for me. Dont get me wrong i still wouldnt go without one but my ps2 is 6 years old and has never skipped a beat.

Saying that, i didnt have any problems with my PS1 or original Xbox, Oh well

Don't move the 360 while it is turned on.

As i said in my first post, it was sat on the cabinet untouched and not moved.

Yeah don't move them whatever you do! I just knocked mine by mistake so I'm not that upset coz its happened before. It'll get replaced so I am not worried. Slightly thankful actually coz I have loads to do before tomorrow and GTA 4 is distracting!

Soldato
OP
I could do with loads to do, well im going to bed in a couple of hours and then im at work so i wont miss too much i suppose.

Just pray i can get a copy tomorrow.

Associate
A friend of mine fixed a totally wrecked CoD4 disc by polishing it with toothpaste. Sounds odd, but it might have just smoothed off the worst of the scratch.

Worth a try, anyway?

Edz

Edz

Soldato
I've tried everywhere round my way to get a copy for either the 360 or PS3 and their like gold dust :(

Thankfully it's for a freind as I have my own copy :D

Soldato
OP
Well, the disc has been gently cleaned with erm,.... toothpaste. the verdict is : the same. Didnt work. Ah well. Have to wait until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom