No service on Xiaomi redmi3s

Associate
Hi, I have had my Redmi3s for about a year and its great. I have just returned from USA and have no service, i cannot send/receive texts and calls. I am with BT, the sim works fine in another phone

I have turned radio on and off - Reset APNs - but no fix

It has worked very occasionally when i have changed something in settings for about 30seconds. Infact i have been able to text for the last 20 mins which is the best i have had so maybe its resolved (Nope and its gone again!)...My 4g does not work at all either

Can anybody help?

Associate
OP
Factory reset as a last resort ?

Im a bit of a tech novice, will this erase everything from the phone such as apps / pictures etc?
The rom is whatever the seller put on who i bought from, would a factory reset leave my phone with a chinese Rom (Sorry for the very untechnical wording!)

Associate
Yes it will delete photos,apps.You should have photos backed up with google photos or Mi tho check first.
It should reset back to whatever rom is on there now.

Associate
It might be worth removing the SIM, booting the phone, shutting down and reinserting the SIM as than can help reset it sometimes.

Could it also be a temporary problem with the BT service?

Associate
OP
Factory reset didn't fix the problem. When i turn my 4g on i see and E in the top right corner and I cannot really use the internet without wifi. Service is still intermittent usually unavailable :(

Further digging and seems this issue is not uncommon but no apparent fix - Ahwell had a good years worth from a superb phone.. back to expensive phones with bad batteries :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom