No signal dectected power saving mode on new pc

Associate
Hello all ive just built a new pc and have access to my old rig still. Below is the new rig however I am using older GPU's which I know work 100% as they have been tested in my old rig and the wires connecting to the monitors are also working. I have access to 3 gpus, Nvidia 970 and 2 amd cards, vega one and a slightly earlier card.

The main monitor is a LG 27GL850-B 27 and a old phillips one I use for a 2nd browsing monitor.

So ive tried taking the ram out and testing it one by one and and in each slot.
Ive tried using different cards and using different cables to connect the card to the screen individually hdmi etc and done this with both monitors. I know they work as they do with the old rig.
Ive looked at my board and nothing seems to be loose or such. The only thing I can think off, is theres a white light on the board which may indicate something if anyone knows? I have included a picture also.
https://imgur.com/a/JeOYEkj

Any help with this would be swell as I have no idea what the problem is, if any more pics would help, I can take some.

Associate
OP
No I have not, just been reading up on that, ive never tried it before. I just presumed it would work out the box. Will try and get back to you.

Associate
OP
Howdy some updates. So I followed the instructions and I did manage to get past the CPU white led on the board. It flashes through all 4 of the LEDS on the EZ Debug until it gets to Boot and then the fans on the actual mb itself stops as well and its staying a solid White LED on the Boot. Any suggestions?

Soldato
Howdy some updates. So I followed the instructions and I did manage to get past the CPU white led on the board. It flashes through all 4 of the LEDS on the EZ Debug until it gets to Boot and then the fans on the actual mb itself stops as well and its staying a solid White LED on the Boot. Any suggestions?
White led is cpu usually so check for any bent pins , did you flash the bios with the cpu installed ?

Take the motherboard out of the case and reflash the bios with only the psu connected.

Then add m2 , cpu , gpu and one stick memory

Some people were having problems flashing bios with usb drives.

Associate
OP
Theres 4 leds on the ez debug on the board. I was originally stuck on cpu which is the first one and now im getting to the last 4th one which according to the manual is the boot itself after doing the flash on the bios. I did do it with the cpu etc installed though. Still got the no signal though.

Soldato
Theres 4 leds on the ez debug on the board. I was originally stuck on cpu which is the first one and now im getting to the last 4th one which according to the manual is the boot itself after doing the flash on the bios. I did do it with the cpu etc installed though. Still got the no signal though.

Unfortunately theres no way to tell if the bios upfate was successful so its a case of troubleshooting.

You could try to clear the cmos on the motherboard and see if it boots after that try the above mentioned.

Associate
OP
Is clearing the Cmos easy to do? On the above method, do I flash every time I add a piece of just try to boot? Also should I try flashing again after clearing the cmos?

Associate
OP
White led is cpu usually so check for any bent pins , did you flash the bios with the cpu installed ?

Take the motherboard out of the case and reflash the bios with only the psu connected.

Then add m2 , cpu , gpu and one stick memory

Some people were having problems flashing bios with usb drives.

Trying now with everything removed. Seems to have worked. Flashing red light from the USB and it powered itself on and restarted after a few minutes. When im adding everything back but by bit, im i meant to just put everything back in and see if i get a boot and signal or flash every time i add a piece?

Soldato
Trying now with everything removed. Seems to have worked. Flashing red light from the USB and it powered itself on and restarted after a few minutes. When im adding everything back but by bit, im i meant to just put everything back in and see if i get a boot and signal or flash every time i add a piece?

You'll only need to flash it once if it worked.

Soldato
Flash once then Put it all back together.

Associate
OP
Just tried it out and im getting to the same point again, everything seems to run smooth, the mb goes through all the leds and then it gets to boot and the it stays lit. The fan on the mb stops and also the fans on the gpu. Im out of ideas at this point.

Soldato
Soldato
Going by the pic, your RAM is in the wrong slots. They should be in A2 + B2.

Also it says in the manual "Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first".

Will the Boot led be lit because there are no boot files detected on the SSD?

Try booting with your Windows install USB drive.

Associate
OP
Going by the pic, your RAM is in the wrong slots. They should be in A2 + B2.

Also it says in the manual "Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first".

Will the Boot led be lit because there are no boot files detected on the SSD?

Try booting with your Windows install USB drive.

Cheers will check the Ram out.
A friend suggested about the boot files on my ssd. Will having the windows files on the SSD I used to have or on the USB get the signal to show?

Soldato
Cheers will check the Ram out.
A friend suggested about the boot files on my ssd. Will having the windows files on the SSD I used to have or on the USB get the signal to show?

Sorry i thought this was a fresh drive with nothing on it.

Just noticed you flashed the bios with the CPU installed. You could try removing all the components and flash the bios again with nothing installed except the power cables. (24pin and 8 Pin, not sure if you need the 4 pin as well)

Top Bottom