no sound from motherboard ASUS PRIME Z370-P

Associate
help cant get any sound from my motherboard just sound in my headphones
ASUS PRIME -P Z370 , its a new build, installed and uninstal drivers ,
running picture and sound threw hdmi on my sony 55" tv ,
yamaha soundbar, tried other hdmi cable, im running my i3 medion pc on tv and sounbar they work fine

Associate
OP
any chance someone can reply to my problem, with my ASUS PRIME Z370-P MOTHERBOARD, ONLY SOUND FROM HEADPHONE CONNECTION
no sound going to my sony bravia 55" 4k tv and yamaha soundbar ,im using hdmi for connection i have tried different hdmi lead
this is my first new build, i5-8600k unlocked ,cooler master masterliquidl lite 240 cpu cooler , fractal design focus g 2x silent fans ATX pc case, crucial mx500 250gb ssd,
crucial 8gb ddr4 2400 ram, corsair vs series atx/eps 80 plus power supply 650w, windows 10 64 pro, i did have windows 10 32 pro i changed it to 64 as i made mistake putting 32 instead of 64 bit, been trying over a week sorting motherboard out , going to send motherboard back to AMAZON ,change for another different motherboard as i cant solve my problem, sorry about my writing being all jumbled up on forum, im not very good with doing messages ,thanks to anyone who can help, i will be getting graphics card in the future so expensive at moment.

Soldato
I use that board all the time and have no issues with sound. So i would suggest its either a driver issue or a configuration issue.

Like the previous post suggests you have to change your output from your Realtek motherboard to the HDMI Out. You also have not said if you have a separate GPU. Right click on the speaker icon in your systray, Go to Playback and then choose the HDMI Audio out rather than the "Speakers" option.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom