No Xmas premier league next season

Caporegime
I like the World Cup obviously, but a 7 week break right up until Boxing Day is just sad. That’s the best time of the year.

also, the season still starts in august and finishes in may, so how packed is the fixture list gonna be? Not just the prem, there’s also the European comps to think of. Champs league games have to be done by November. Players are gonna be knackered by the start of the World Cup, let alone when they return from it.

Awful situation. Absolute disgrace.

Soldato
The World Cup being there is a disgrace but that's for another thread. What I would say is whilst there will be an increase in games up until they leave for the World cup the amount of games in December will be a lot less then usual for the majority so it should in theory work out ok.

Don
If they are planning to extend the season by just 2 weeks (1 week at the start and 1 at the end of the season) and try to fit in 7 rounds of fixtures into the new calendar then every week will feel like Xmas, with games being played every few days @robfosters.

You'd have to assume that something will be done about the League Cup with PL teams not entering it or fielding 2nd string sides with PL games being played the same midweeks.

Soldato
I like the World Cup obviously, but a 7 week break right up until Boxing Day is just sad. That’s the best time of the year.

also, the season still starts in august and finishes in may, so how packed is the fixture list gonna be? Not just the prem, there’s also the European comps to think of. Champs league games have to be done by November. Players are gonna be knackered by the start of the World Cup, let alone when they return from it.

Awful situation. Absolute disgrace.

its ok wont affect arsenal a congested fixture list wont be in europe anyway :D:D

Soldato
FIFA will continue to push the line with garbage like this and their new ideas are even worse. Hopefully the FAs (and UEFA) get together and threaten to form a new organisation - as I say that UEFA are constantly trying to get more pointless games as well. Both domestically and internationally.

Back
Top Bottom