1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noblechairs EPIC tilt mechanism/feature question.

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by jordand77, Oct 10, 2019.

1. jordand77

Associate

Hello there,

Just got my EPIC chair a few days ago and I love it!

However there's one little problem that I have and I don't know if it's normal or something I'd have to worry about, would like to know the opinions of fellow OCUK members that have the same chair.

When the tilt mechanism is unlocked i can tilt the chair by leaning forward/backward without any issue but when the tilt mechanism is locked I though it wouldn't move at all, but there's movement, very small but when I lean forward/backward I can feel and hear the chair move and making a sound ( when the mechanism reaches the lock point) .

Video included , most likely low sound so have to raise the volume.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79R_QV2j6iA

I did experience this with much older office chair so just want to know if this is normal for this particular model.

2. fiveub

Commissario

Hey Jordan,

I've not heard of this before if I'm honest with you. I can send you a new mechanism out to you if you like. You can either swap it now, or replace it in the future if it's needed, just to give you that peace of mind? :)

3. jordand77

Associate

Hello fiveub,

Thanks for getting in touch about the issue.
    A new mechanism would indeed be much appreciated , as this issue is really annoying and it happens anytime I lean forward or backward :(

4. PC777

Gangster

I have the similar mechanism Hero and there is some very minor movement when leaning back even when the locking mechanism is in place, but not when leaning forward and it's only when heavy weight is on it. I tried rocking mine by hand like you did in your video with the mechanism locked and it doesn't make any sound or movement, though when sat in the chair and rocking myself heavily back there is some minor movement and sound even when locked. However in my case it holds in place in either position unless a lot of weight is shifted, almost giving 2 seating positions when locked.

I doubt any of them are 100% stable when locked due to the rocking chair switch function, but yours seems very loose. I've had mine a couple of months now and it's not been an issue, but if a new mechanism makes yours 100% stable when locked, I'm definitely interested to read an update.

5. jordand77

Associate

No idea how similar the mechanisms from Hero & Epic are but in my case it moves with any kind of small movement :(

6. fiveub

Commissario

I've sent it out to you, I hope that fixes things swiftly for you. :)

7. jordand77

Associate

Received and replaced the new mechanism, it is so much better now!
    Many thanks to @fiveub and the OCUK team! You guys are awesome!!!

8. tipsy

Wise Guy

Now I thought that was just part of the chair, mine does exactly the same. I've not had an issue but is that a safety concern as my 10 year old son uses my chair as well.

9. fiveub

Commissario

I can do the same for you Tipsy, there is nothing to be concerned about, but please send me a private message with the details and I'll send a spare out ASAP for you. :)

10. rs2451

Associate

Interesting, my Hero has the same play and noise when locked and has now started groaning during swivel movement. Not sure if the mechanism is the same as the Epic.

Video of swivel movement groaning then forward and back play and noise.

https://streamable.com/507bw

Checked all bolts and mounting points and they all seem tight.

Update.

Now fixed, it was mostly the gaslift at fault, received replacement parts from OcUK, changed the base, gaslift and mechanism which was not easy. Thanks OcUK for the good customer service.

https://streamable.com/rnyfl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  11. PEpluto

Associate

I just got my chair and it’s absolutely stunning. But with the tilt mechanism locked whenever I lean back in the chair it moves a couple of centimetres before hitting the tilt lock, making a bit of a banging noise. This means that when I’m sitting at my computer I have to keep my weight off of the backrest so that it doesn’t tilt back and forth despite the lock being engaged, and I’m afraid that this is going to get annoying over time.