Noblechairs Hero strange noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi all,

Just taken delivery of the Hero black edition, love the chair but it seems to be making some strange noises sometimes, either when I stand up or sit down and sometimes when I make adjustments to the rocking mechanism. It's almost like a tuning fork sound, a metallic resonance that sounds like something out of a scifi movie. It's really odd.

Anyone had anything similar? Should I be concerned?

Associate
Hi, maybe your tilt isn't locked, so it make noises. On the left control push the level down, this will lock the tilt when ever you sit or stand up. Otherwise it will try and tilt while you just moving.

Associate
OP
I like the tilt though never really take it off. Ive never heard a chair do this, its quite a cool addition though sounds a quite snazzy. As long as its not doing any damage.

Associate
Just checking if your chair is tilting forward or backwards?

I'm kinda light so I have to lock the tilt to my preference to stay in the tilt.

Associate
Mine creaks when I forcefully sit on it with the tilt lock on, so I assume it's normal. Yeah it's a backwards tilt, the control module can be installed the other way round so yeah you got it installed right.

Associate
Have you tired tightening the tilt adjustment, the big dial under the seat?

Rotate it anti-clockwise to tighten the spring inside.

Sounds like the spring is bouncing.

Associate
Does that make the rocking harder to move?

Yup, I believe there is a spring that holds the tilt. So if you're happy with the setting you have on now, then I think it is the design. Maybe firming the spring would avoid the resonance?

I can't really test the tilt correctly, as I'm too light. 60KG does not move the tilt even on the lowest setting, maybe someone with the same weight may compare for you?

Associate
Mine makes the same noises (brand new Hero Black edition) - I actually think its the lumbar support spring that is making the noise.

That's true, the lumbar support will have some form of a spring inside. My chair isn't making any noises on the lowest setting.

Associate
So all you with these chairs - I find if my room is really quiet I can hear these 'spring' type noises - especially if I lean back in the cahir - I assume this is normal and to be expected?

Associate
So all you with these chairs - I find if my room is really quiet I can hear these 'spring' type noises - especially if I lean back in the cahir - I assume this is normal and to be expected?

Yes, I've barely had mine a year and a half and it's noisy AF. Makes all kinda loud creaking and clunking noises. Also had the gas cylinder replaced. Tbh I wouldn't buy another one. Not that impressed with it's durability and it isn't that comfortable tbh. It still looks very much brand new aesthetic wise, just sounds old as **** when moving about in it.. My much cheaper chair before lasted much longer and was nowhere near this noisy. I'm only about 80-85 kg's as well.

Think next time I will just buy a 2nd hand proper office chair tbh for more comfortable seat time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom