Noctua NH-D15 Black Limited Lap

Associate
Hey guys, this is my first post on this awesome forum, I really love you English people : )

Anyway, bought a used NH-D15 Black Limited Linus Edition and was so happy about it, after it arrived I have unfortunately noticed some scratches on the base...can't return it, the seller didn't mentioned it...it would probably affect my purchase decision...

So what would you guys do?

- Would you use it like this?
- Can it scratch my new CPU, wanted to get 10700K or 10850K?
- Should I "lap it", I don't know is it concave or convex, it would have to be measured by laser or something, would it be smart anyway?
- Will it affect the cooling this way, since my intention was to use it for higher 5.0 overclock?
- If I bought a new one, would it be scratched/damaged like this after some usage, what are the chances for that as well?

Pictures are bellow, let's debate : )

6vaXX8q.png

0VKm9Sh.png

Caporegime
I would expect marks like that on a used cooler, probably even aftern just mounting it once or twice would you get marks like that. Would just use it as is.

Last edited:
Associate
99% will not make a difference.
Definitely do not do anything before trying it. You are more likely to make it worse
Once running repeat a test and see if you get expected temps.

Associate
OP
Thank you guys very much. Your kind help is extremely appreciated.

I am not worried anymore, seems that all of my questions were kindly answered.
So basically it's not a deal breaker, if I bought it new it could end up like that after few years. I will be careful when mounting it not to scratch the CPU. I have found similar info on the internet that there might be 1-3 degree difference, but I will have to check it once I get my new components.

Thanks once again!

Soldato
One of my D14s has black spots and maybe a few pits from years of sitting on top of liquid metal pro and so does the IHS of the 5820K it cooled for years at 4.4Ghz, no difference to temps whatsoever when i removed it and compared it to my other NHD14 on a 9700k with MX4 instead recently.

Back
Top Bottom