1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noctua RMA experiences?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rn2, 5 Jun 2018.

1. rn2

Hitman

I bought a Noctua cooler last year for my CPU, just lately I have started to hear an annoying humming noise throughout the case generated by the vibration form the fan, the fan itself has a lot of vibration coming from it. It never used to be like that. I appleid for an RMA about two weeks a go and have not heard anything back?

2. EsaT

Capodecina

Have you tested if noise is caused by that particular fan?
    (by stopping it)

Though quite notable vibration seems to be feature of Noctua fans.
    NF-P12 and NF-F12 fans which have come with NH-U12P and NH-U12S heatsinks are like vibrating rollers compared to good fans.
    (next heatsink certainly won't be Noctua)

Maybe accumulation of dust to blades has caused that fan to start vibrating even more...

3. wam7

Perma Banned

Noctua are one of the best companies I've dealt with. Send them another email or call them if that is an option.

4. Mrjobby

Hitman

This, topnotch CS in my experience.

5. rn2

Hitman

Well I have had no response from my RMA or email I sent and itt's been a very long time now. Their fans in my opinion are not very quiet, always some type of humming coming from them, even from new and at low RPM, I have returned a few in the past and I actaully have had better experience from the cheap arctic fans, this will be the last noctua product I buy.

6. Danny75

Sgarrista

I tried the Noctua address in my address book to see if I'd get a reply, along with telling them of your issue, and promptly received one.

Maybe send an email to [email protected] for the attention of Dawid?

7. ttaskmaster

Capodecina

Checked your spam folder?

Last edited: 25 Jun 2018