NOD32 & YouTube Downloader = Not best mates

Soldato
I have had this issue for a couple of years now, but I use NOD32 AntiVirus, and YouTube Downloader, but they hate each other.

I have contacted makers of both software titles but they dont seem to care enough.

Now, I have bought and paid for both and for a few years now, and frankly, I am wondering why the hell I bother.

I will admit, that NOD32 is simply the best antivirus that exists and YTD is near to dammit perfect, but, with them both not caring to resolve the issues, I am now thinging that I wil dump both... Even though just dumping one will solve my issues.

So, can anyone suggest a great YouTube video downloader for me? AntiVirus, I kind of like Avast eve nthough its a bloody PITA these days, withj the free version looking like it does bugger all unless ou upgrade it, I might go with it, or maybe I should simply stop downloading so much snazz

Soldato
I find it odd that you think you'd get a response from either regarding their software not interacting well with completely different software. If it was a massive problem they'd look at it but you could be a one-off.

Stick with the better anti-virus as it's far more important and replace the youtube downloader. Either use the one suggested above or use a free browser one.

Soldato
*REBOOT Youtube Downloader - the best chrome integrated downloader ? *

had (year back) been using complete youtube downloader, as a firefox add-in, but, that is deceased.,
this allowed you to see the streams/resolutions available and download from firefox.
Looking for something to use in chrome, which is where I access youtube.

Is there a significant benefit with 4k downloader ? youtube downloader does seem slow, to download, but ,
I suspect that is down to youtube servers that limit the speed they deliver the media (dash) packets

Soldato
I use youtube-dl-gui, it's standalone:
thanks I never tried the gui on that ..

I had used it, a bit laboriously using commandline, and getting the stream id from integrated add-on, re-naming was a pain
eg youtube-dl_new.exe -f 140 /0y8c7S1KA6M --get-filename -o '%(title)s.%(ext)s'

Soldato
thanks I never tried the gui on that ..

I had used it, a bit laboriously using commandline, and getting the stream id from integrated add-on, re-naming was a pain
eg youtube-dl_new.exe -f 140 /0y8c7S1KA6M --get-filename -o '%(title)s.%(ext)s'

It works really well, there's a lot of settings but you can just leave it at default and it mostly just figures out the best settings for you. You'll occasionally get some "warning" messages when it's finished downloading and processing the video but I've yet to encounter any that haven't worked properly or have playback issues.

Soldato
OP
I never needed to do anything for utorrent... NOD32 just works great.
I have added it to the exclusion list, but for some reason, I kept getting this warning every so often and it just bugged the hell out of me.

Im using 4K and while I prefer YTD, Im used to 4K now, so Im sticking to it.

Back
Top Bottom