1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Walkerie, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pacegod

Gangster

There's also the Sony MDR-1000X version 2 WH-1000XM2 now as well. I have some Bose QC25 and they do work cancel noise well, but I wouldn't say they sound great.

2. rids57

Soldato

I don't think that's released until 2018

3. booyaka

Capodecina

the WH-1000XM2 are out now - hard to find in stock but only in John Lewis I think (exclusive) till next year.

4. MrRockliffe

Gangster

LINDY BNX-60

They came to mind when I saw the thread - I'd have a look on reviews on a certain website.

5. UberTiger

Wise Guy

I just picked up the Q35 Mark 1 for £260 in the Bose store in Covent garden as I'm working in an open plan office now and the constant chatter is driving me nuts.

They'll price match any authorised distributor, and some of them are discounting the Mk I now that the Q35II is out at £330.

I'm wondering if the WH-1000XM2 may be better though?

I've got 30 days to return these if I want. Tempted to grab a set of the Sony's from JL and compare them. Has anyone used both in an office environment?

6. UberTiger

Wise Guy

I like the way you can connect more than one device to the headphones at the same time. Suprised the Airpods can't do that.

7. djay

Hitman

I have used both in an Office. The Sony WH-1000XM2 sound great but then so did the Bose QC35 I thought. I'm sat in the office listening to the Sony WH-1000XM2 now at low volume and the NC is superb. I love the controls on the right ear cup as well that is brilliant. The downside though, these leak sound badly. I was able to listen to my QC35's at higher volumes with no one complaining. The guy next to me said he could hear these Sony's easily which is not good so I may well have to send these back.

8. UberTiger

Wise Guy

Cheers djay, good info. Will bear that in mind. I think I'll have to give the Sony's a go even though I'm really settling into these Q35s nicely.

The full cupping of the ear is so comfortable. Battery life seems good and I've not experience this quality of immersive music out and about ever. It's mad walking through the streets of London with the freedom of wireless headphones, whilst listening to songs I've not heard in years in such high quality with the surrounding buzz drowned out. It really is incredible.

They're so comfy I'm happy to sit here for my evening netflix/amazon prime sesh on my laptop and crank them up too. Completely transforms the experience.

9. djay

Hitman

Yes they are very good. The Sony's are as good if not better for the noise cancelling. With the Sony you can put your hand over the right hand ear and it lowers the volume and turns off NC to let ambient noise in which is a brilliant feature saving you from having to take the headphones off if someone talks to you. The Sony are not quite as big, they still completely cup my whole ear but only just. They are also slightly heavier than the bose I think. Still in two minds whether to keep the Sony's or send them back.