Noise reduction

Soldato
Can't find much on this specific question.

Do RAW files taken at low ISO of 100-200 require noise reduction by default or only when you are raising the shadows by a large amount?

I've got quite a few images to process at ISO 200 and have increased the shadows up to a max of +50 in ACR. Images to be downsized to 1080p height 300ppi and both color and b&w. Most info is for ISO 1600+ I've tried doing it as the last step after downsizing using smart sharpen and just seem to loose detail more than anything, but then again, there's hardly any noise. Should I still be using even 3-5%? In ACR I'm not removing any if that helps.

Soldato
noise reduce and sharpen as needed not by default is my preference so if when your done processing and sizing the files look ok to you leave them if they are a little noisy then run some noise reduction and then sharpen as the last step before output. Your are reducing the picture size so the end result should be less noisy

Soldato
As above if you think the image needs to have noise reduction after your edit do it, also depends on what the final image is going to be used for, it's only other photographers that get picky over noise most of the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom