**** The Official Nokia 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Morning all,

Have any members on here got a Nokia 8 yet? Is there going to be a Nokia 9 or is that just speculation?
I'm looking at potentially getting one to replace my Nexus 5X over the next few months. I was initially looking at getting the Pixel 2 but not sure if I will bother after reading all the price and spec leaks.

Soldato
I don't think there's going to be a Nokia 9 this year. Looks like the 8 is their flagship. It's getting good reviews in fairness. And Nokia have said they're already working on Android O for it.

Soldato
OP
I had heard if there was a Nokia 9 it may be the start of next year.
I have read good things about their updates and many have said they received the security updates before the Nexus and pixel range. Reason I was going to wait a few months was to see if they keep it up.

Soldato
Has anyone got one yet?

Mulling over what to buy and it is at the top of my list at the moment.

I bought one and it was extremely fast and worked really well. However the camera app left a lot to be desired.

I gave it back because of the light bleed. Got a replacement but the light bleed on the replacement unit was worse.

If you can find a phone with a decent screen it's well worth it.

Man of Honour
I've had one for about a month, replacing my old Note4:

+Battery life is decent, it can just about last two days but more importantly it can last a full day without worrying about it
+Feels fast and slick to use
+UI generally a bit better than TouchWiz, more icons on the screen etc
+Big improvement on my previous Nokia smartphone, the 5800 Xpress Music

-Handset is a bit slippery, it is slightly smaller than the Note 4 but it feels more precarious in my hand because of the smooth backing compared to the grainy Note4 cover
-Casing has somehow developed a chip after such a short while which is disappointing (although I have dropped it a couple of times due to the above)
-Phone app is unintuitive, a couple of times I have struggled to answer a call
-Design not particularly modern, reminds me a bit of my wife's old iPhone5/6

Soldato
I picked one of these up while they were cheap on Black Friday, no complaints so far.
Its lovely and snappy, just waiting for the roll out to the UK for Oreo as places in Europe have had it.

Soldato
I think it's a great device very fast and fluid and a superb alternative to the Pixel range.
However my first Nokia 8 had very bad light bleed both top and bottom and the replacement was no better in terms of bleeding in fact it was worse.

I then picked up the 6/GB 128GB model a few weeks back for £449 and thankfully there was no light bleed however after a day the device suffered from ghost touches and the screen was going crazy so I had to return that. I'm just unlucky when it comes to devices or Nokia have to work on their QC needless to say that with their fast updates but camera is very average however Lumia UI is coming to all Nokia phones in the near future the Nokia 8 is a good phone and well worth the price and a good alternative to OP.

Soldato
i've just bagged a 128gb / 6GB nokia 8 for £420 brand new from car phone warehouse.

What a lovely phone, feels really nice and high end, its difficult to gauge what a phone actually looks like online, its quite similar to an iphone 7 IMO.
It is extremely smooth though, feels very slippery in the hand so i need to get a case on it ASAP.

very happy with it so far (especially given the price)

no oreo update for me yet however ??

Soldato
i've just bagged a 128gb / 6GB nokia 8 for £420 brand new from car phone warehouse.

What a lovely phone, feels really nice and high end, its difficult to gauge what a phone actually looks like online, its quite similar to an iphone 7 IMO.
It is extremely smooth though, feels very slippery in the hand so i need to get a case on it ASAP.

very happy with it so far (especially given the price)

no oreo update for me yet however ??

Just picked mine up today. I would recommend ordering online for some reason most stores can seem to search their inventory properly to find the 128GB model.
No oreo update either. I hope its not because it is the 128 GB model.

Soldato
Quick update, after a few weeks of ownership I think this is a great phone for the price. Updated to oreo last week. Battery life is good, Camera is more than enough for my needs. OK its not waterproof but I'm careful with my phones anyway.

Soldato
ill be honest im not even sure what Oreo offers, do I need to be bother by it ?

usually android updates annoy me for a few days whilst i get used to the nuances, but ultimately (for me anyway) ends up being pretty much the same as before.

Back
Top Bottom