Nokia E72

Associate
My Vodaphone contract is up soon next month , i am looking & waiting for the Nokia E72 , anybody know of a date for this phone , anybody else waiting ?

Soldato
I'd get it in a heartbeat if Nokia decided to use a higher resolution display.

They must've purchased an absolute boat load of 320x240 displays as that's all they've been using for the last couple of years.

E72 with a display resolution of 480x320 would be very nice.

Soldato
They must've purchased an absolute boat load of 320x240 displays as that's all they've been using for the last couple of years.

I believe it is to some extent a technical limitation of S60v3. They did manage to get around it for the e90 though (albeit with one 240*320 screen).

This is fixed in Symbian^2, which is being released to manufacturers at the end of the year.

Soldato
E72 is my most likely next phone. Voda are talking about an Oct launch but they are running out of days for that! Won't be anywhere else until the back end of Nov but availability should be good then.

The 320x240 screen is a bit of a kicker... but when every aspect is so solid I can live with that.

Soldato
Currently posting this from my E71. Don't like the looks of the phone as much as the E71, but under the hood it should be great, and it's not the kind of phone where looks are everything, more functionality (cough iphone cough!)

I'm on a contract, but when it's up - after november - I'll probably be getting the E72 if it's available from 3.

Shame about the screen, but i'm really happy with the current one anyway, so a non-issue really. I do think it's about time symbian was rethought. Especially after the release of android it's showing it's age.

Soldato
Awesome! Be sure to post your first impressions.

Still not showing on Orange's 'coming soon'. Vodafone have a 4 week exclusive on this?
I might be best just buying SIM free and flogging my Orange upgrade. I got my E61 SIM free form Nokia, much nicer than an Orange locked/branded one.

Last edited:
Associate
Judging by the price plans I'm happy to have ordered it SIM free, will just stick an O2 simplicity in it and with the £100 cashback that trounces what voda are offering.

Associate
Should arrive today, I've got quite a busy day though so not much time to check it out.

Also need to ensure it because my track record with phones at uni is horrific

Back
Top Bottom