Nokia N95

Associate
Has really great specs and all, but its massive. I dont think many people would find it all that practical, but i dont suppose they're aiming for the general market with that phone.

Soldato
I really don't think it's fair to call it massive considering the specs. There's a lot of phones out these days coming in at well over 100cc and this phone is 90cc. For comparison, the N80 is 97.4cc.

It's nice to see integrated GPS. :)

Caporegime
Heard about this over at esato...looks like a nice device but i wont be getting it as first of all it runs on s60 o/s which i find terrible and bug ridden...due to my experiences with the 6680 and n80. Also the fact it comes with a very low capacity battery...think id rather wait for SE to come out with something as good or better than this nokia.

Associate
Pointless phone all the specs are great no doubt but why do manufacturers keep missing stuff, whats the point of 5Mp camera when there is no flash and so night shots look like 0.3Mp, my k800i gets used immensly now because it takes good night shots....

The other features are great but as Spawn said no doubt within a week there will be countless complaints of battery lasting half a day, i mean look at that screen its huge...

Soldato
OP
Thats the problem with mobile phones now.

We've seen massive increases in screen size/quality/resolution, camera tech and things like Wi-Fi, push email and integrated GPS. Unfortunately, battery technology hasn't advanced with it. :(

Soldato
Looks a nice spec, but if its anything like the n80 it will be let down by a buggy and slow os, with not enough memory.

Soldato
BUSH said:
Looks a nice spec, but if its anything like the n80 it will be let down by a buggy and slow os, with not enough memory.

Very much the contrary. The N95 uses the same processor/3D acceleration as the N93, so it'll certainly be a lot faster than just about every other S60 handset. The phone also has 160mb built it, I believe 64mb of which is RAM, or about 3 times as much as the N80. I also read that it'll have version 2 of the Nokia web browser, which should fix the memory problems plagued by the first edition.

Last edited:
Suspended
seems pretty darn good, im not a fan of s60's, mainly since my last one was a annoying orange firmware filled n70 but my contract is up for renewal in feb so i hope its out for then, its worth getting, even if i'll only use it for the gps feature

Back
Top Bottom