Non-Catholic Pupil forced off bus

Associate
I kid you not!

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=225&id=1471922006

In Alabama, people who were not quite and equal as others, were forced to sit at the back of buses. In Scotland, they aren`t allowed on them at all.

The greatest myth the catholic church ever created was to convince the world that everyone else is the bigot. If nothing else, you have to admire their propaganda machine.

The clock is definately ticking on this form of apartheid in schooling.

tic toc

Permabanned
If you look through lots of threads on here you will see the mass of hypocrisy that goes hand in hand with religion.

People in glass houses..........

Permabanned
Of course the worse thing about this is that the boy is totally innocent - as are all children who end up being punished for things which they are basically forced into following by their parents.

Permabanned
Doesn't sound fair, I agree.

But, how come those kids get free bus passes anyway? I never used to :eek: I either paid out of my own pocket or used my bike - so I did the latter, a few miles each way.

Soldato
McRod said:
I kid you not!

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=225&id=1471922006

In Alabama, people who were not quite and equal as others, were forced to sit at the back of buses. In Scotland, they aren`t allowed on them at all.

The greatest myth the catholic church ever created was to convince the world that everyone else is the bigot. If nothing else, you have to admire their propaganda machine.

The clock is definately ticking on this form of apartheid in schooling.

tic toc

I wish it happened. If Scotland seperated kids on colour grounds there would be worldwide uproar. Not many people in the UK are that religious anyway so this system is particularly objectionable. It merely feeds the mainly(but not exclusively)West of Scotland bigotry.

Associate
not entitled to a free pass because he does not live in the school's catchment area

Seems people have missed the key point and just pointed to that he isnt a catholic.

This happened to me at my high school as i was about 10m out of the catchment area so i had to pay 30p for the bus didnt really bother me as alot of friends had to do the same.

Caporegime
am i reading this correctly or is the title, and the language completely sensationalistic regarding this case;

"Non-Catholic boy barred from free school bus"

"There's all this stuff about 'One Scotland' and anti-sectarianism, yet the council are able to kick Reece off the school bus because he's not a Catholic."

errr helloo... they didnt "Kick" him off any bus.

they have removed a "privilege" which he wasnt entitled to in the first place. (discuss the merits of privileging different faiths if you will, but i am presuming the family knew this before they signed him up for the school).

so he IS FREE to get the bus. but it wont be free for him to ride. i never had the privilege of a free school bus either. i think its racist.

Permabanned
Stirling Council officials said he was not entitled to a free pass because he does not live in the school's catchment area and is not "a practising Roman Catholic".
Now im normally very dubiouse of spin, but this seems like theyve dug there own grave.

If the Catholic issue wasnt true why would they themselves even mention it if the problems was the catchment area :confused:

Nickg said:
am i reading this correctly or is the title, and the language completely sensationalistic regarding this case;

"Non-Catholic boy barred from free school bus"

"There's all this stuff about 'One Scotland' and anti-sectarianism, yet the council are able to kick Reece off the school bus because he's not a Catholic."

errr helloo... they didnt "Kick" him off any bus.

they have removed a "privilege" which he wasnt entitled to in the first place. (discuss the merits of privileging different faiths if you will, but i am presuming the family knew this before they signed him up for the school).

so he IS FREE to get the bus. but it wont be free for him to ride. i never had the privilege of a free school bus either. i think its racist.
You dont think its a bit off to give kids of certain religion a free bus pass but not to others because they arnt?

Caporegime
willd58 said:
Now im normally very dubiouse of spin, but this seems like theyve dug there own grave.

If the Catholic issue wasnt true why would they themselves even mention it if the problems was the catchment area :confused:

You dont think its a bit off to give kids of certain religion a free bus pass but not to others because they arnt?

yes it may be a "bit off". but when u have a choice over which school to go to, and you know that school X is religious and those who follow their religion will get free bus pass, and those who dont wont, then its a decision that needs to be made by the family.

what is even more OFF is the blatant agenda from Mcrod;

HE CAN GET ON THE BUS. did he even read the article? or just the headline?

Permabanned
willd58 said:

You may have noticed that the only bit in quotes is "a practising Roman Catholic". It doesn't give any idea of context or what was being said about the fact that he was a practicing roman catholic. The spokesman coul;d have been saying "whether or not he is a practicing roman catholic does not come into it" and the quote would still have been accurate. If the council spokesman actually said what they are spinning here, why isn't he being quoted in full?

Sectarianism is high on the agenda north of the border at the moment and stories like this sell papers. It's blatant spin IMO.

Last edited:
Permabanned
McRod said:
Dress it up in any drivel you want.

Increase your post count by highlighting and disecting all you want.

The fact remains the same.

Actually, the only fact in this matter here is that a boy outside of the school catchment are has to pay to get on the school bus...along with everybody else outside of the catchment area.

Permabanned
JimmyEatWorms said:
You may have noticed that the only bit in quotes is "a practising Roman Catholic". It doesn't give any idea of context or what was being said about the fact that he was a practicing roman catholic. The spokesman coul;d have been saying "whether or not he is a practicing roman catholic does not come into it" and the quote would still have been accurate. If the council spokesman actually said what they are spinning here, why isn't he being quoted in full?

Sectarianism is high on the agenda north of the border at the moment and stories like this sell papers. It's blatant spin IMO.
Well spotted, GG

Caporegime
McRod said:
Dress it up in any drivel you want.

Increase your post count by highlighting and disecting all you want.

The fact remains the same.

when people stop posting useless drivel to begin with, there wil be a reduced need for any further drivel to address the original driveller.

i ask again, did you read the article, or just the headline before deciding that this kid was not allowed on the bus? i just dont understand why you chose to dress up and mislead the readers in the same way the article tries to...did you write the article?!

Soldato
So the kid is outside the catchment area, but because hes not RC, thats all your worried about ???
Even if he was a RC, he would still be outside the catchment area, therefore his parents are lucky to not be getting a bill for the first year.

Caporegime
So if you live outside the school's catchment area but attend the school anyway, you get a free school bus pass if you're a "practicing roman catholic" (I guess the quotes because its debatable what exactly a practicing roman catholic is)? Do we know who pays for the catholic kids to go on the bus for free?

P.S. Just because McRod has a Rangers FC logo in his sig it doesn't automatically follow that he's an anti-catholic bigot. OK?

Associate
Nickg said:
Maybe he should stop acting like one then? i have sigs turned OFF, so i cant see what anyone has anyway:p

So i`m the bigot for highlighting the fact that a non-RC is discriminated against for being....well...a non-RC.

Dwell on the "catchment area" of the article all you want. The fact remains that the boys religion has played a part in this decision.

You seem uncomfortable with that.

I wonder why.

Associate
UKDTweak said:
So the kid is outside the catchment area, but because hes not RC, thats all your worried about ???.

I`m very worried about the use of the word "non-RC" and in particular, why this boy`s religion is used in this decision.

That ok for ya?