Non-Christian dating a Christian

Suspended
Originally Posted by 2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

What a load of tosh.

Raistlin and Lady Crysania are a prime example of why that's wrong. He was a Wizard of the Black Robes and she was a Holy Cleric of Paladine - still didn't stop them getting jiggy with it! ;)

Caporegime
blighter said:
It does bother her, its the only reason we're not going out. :(

If it bothers her then leave it alone, not worth the hassle because no matter how much you convince her or make her see sense, it will always be there at the back of her mind and it will play on her mind...therefore making the relationship even more strained.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice so far guys, think i'll have to have a lil chat with her tonight. The only thing I don't want to do is say something like "your being silly" or I don't want to go against her beliefs in any way.

As for her family, I get along well with them, and ended up going to church for morning and evening sessions for the last two weeks with them (something I haven't done since I was 2 :p )

Caporegime
The Mad Rapper said:
Raistlin and Lady Crysania are a prime example of why that's wrong. He was a Wizard of the Black Robes and she was a Holy Cleric of Paladine - still didn't stop them getting jiggy with it! ;)

*Uses hand to Make big "L" sign against forehead.*

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Given that she's only 17 you really should respect her parents wishes or beliefs. The other option is to encourage her to rebel, but that's up to you.

A big part of Christianity is about forgiveness and loving your enemy, use that to your advantage. Unfortunately, modern Christians don't seem terribly keen on sex so you're going to have to work on that one.

Soldato
OP
Tru said:
Given that she's only 17 you really should respect her parents wishes or beliefs. The other option is to encourage her to rebel, but that's up to you.
I do respect them, and am definatly not going to encourage her to rebel.

Has anyone on here been in a smiliar situation?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
blighter said:
I do respect them, and am definatly not going to encourage her to rebel.

Has anyone on here been in a smiliar situation?

Yep. I was forced to go to church until I was 16 and it took me until I was 17 to shake off the bible-basher tag and get laid.

Caporegime
Having said all this, there was a Christian girl I met at University, who was so utterly gorgeous, I'd have done anything to..well, yknow. Date her and such. Still, no luck.

Associate
I have a couple of friends who are married where one is and one is not a Christian. The wife is and always has been a Christian, her husband was always very anti-religion (and very anti-royal family amongst other things) and not afraid to say so. They've been married a few years, have a little girl, the wife is still a Christian, the husband still is not but is more accepting than he used to be. They have a very good marriage.

When I first met my now-wife she was a Christian and I was not. It was a real issue for her, and we split up after a very short time (in fact she quoted the same verse.) Things change, look into it all - you might find that actually it makes a lot of sense and is the way forward for you.

Soldato
OP
CF93 said:
I have a couple of friends who are married where one is and one is not a Christian. The wife is and always has been a Christian, her husband was always very anti-religion (and very anti-royal family amongst other things) and not afraid to say so. They've been married a few years, have a little girl, the wife is still a Christian, the husband still is not but is more accepting than he used to be. They have a very good marriage.

When I first met my now-wife she was a Christian and I was not. It was a real issue for her, and we split up after a very short time (in fact she quoted the same verse.) Things change, look into it all - you might find that actually it makes a lot of sense and is the way forward for you.
Thanks, a lot of help :) Do you know how your friend (the wife) feels towards marrying a non-christian and what her reasons for it being ok are?

Man of Honour
blighter said:
Thanks, a lot of help :) Do you know how your friend (the wife) feels towards marrying a non-christian and what her reasons for it being ok are?

My mums a Christian, my dads not (married for 30ish years). She's fine with it. as one does not need to affect the other. She still goes to church, believes what she wants to ect.

As long as the non-Christian doesn't try to make the Christian sin (whatever that is changes from faith to faith) then what's the problem.

Just talk to her, ask her what here worries are. tell her your not going to go against her belifes and that you can function fine together.

Back
Top Bottom