1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Labour voters - What one thing might change your mind?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by g67575, 5 May 2021.

1. Hagar

Capodecina

We have had Sir Kier, Yvette Cooper, Harriet Harmon, the Hon member for Slough and that of the Rhondda. Many more cross party expressions of sympathy and thanks for the work of David Amess in his life. Of the Labour deputy not a peep.

Those retweets must have been worth it.

2. Freakbro

Capodecina

What, you think those comments had anything to do with an Islamic terrorist attacking Amess? It was only the usual brain-dead righties in GD who immediately started accusing 'leftist extremists' of carrying out the attack, whilst completely ignoring that it's only the far right that have murdered an MP in memorable history. Toxic rhetoric has been in political discourse for as long as politics has been around and is used by all sides, so let's not use faux outrage and this tragic event to try and claim any moral high ground.

I can remember Tory Scum being a saying from the 80's and Thatcher days, it could've even predated that.

3. Tefal

Capo Crimine

But is it? Surely every dodgy cash only deal together is dwarfed by just a few of the big tax evasion schemes that never even touch cash

4. Dolph

Man of Honour

If you know of any big tax evasion schemes, report them to the HMRC.

Or are you another who confuses evasion and avoidance?

5. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Erm no what are you on about?

They get reported each year when hmrc files thier cases.

Obviously evasion isn't known till its found and goes to court but multi million pound schemes aren't that rare.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/busted-hmrc-reveals-biggest-criminal-cases-of-year-2019

The point is physical cash is exploited but tax evasion takes place on a much bigger scale through bigger and more complicated instruments.

A lot of avoidance schemes are only avoidance till they are tested then they are found to be evasion.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ddd/current-list-of-deliberate-tax-defaulters

People don't need cash to misreport thier earnings

6. Freakbro

Capodecina

I initially thought that, but a scheme doesn't have to be official. Eg : The Missing Trader Fraud was a huge tax evasion scheme used by organised crime.

7. wordy

Soldato

Yes. Someone can be viewed as scum and at the same time not deserve to be murdered.
    David Aimes death doesn’t change is dismal voting record on things like human rights, equality and welfare issues.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2021
  8. potatolord

Wise Guy

No, I don't think Rayner's comments caused the murder. That is why I didn't say that.

You've guessed, and then gone off on an emotional rant.

I said her comments haven't aged well , and I don't think they have.

9. potatolord

Wise Guy

Woah! No way!

Is there a point where they do deserve to be murdered?

Genuine question.

10. wordy

Soldato

Yes, way.

That’s an odd question.

11. potatolord

Wise Guy

It is a monumentally stupid question.

Sorry, woke up grumpy and am being more aggressive than i should be in my responses.

12. wordy

Soldato

It’s all good mate. :)

13. Hagar

Capodecina

The rant by Angela Rayner probably did not affect the actions of a sad lonely boy in his bedroom who was led to murder.

It is indicative of her political dialogue for the benefits of her following on social media. Her lack of a formal education is probably showing if her arguments tend to be solely as an attack dog and simplistic along the the lines of four legs good (Labour) two legs bad (Conservative). Little granularity is exposed.