Non-photo paper for printing images

Soldato
We regularly print handouts for presentations etc which are quite image heavy and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for paper.

Photo paper doesn't look right; it's too thick and quite obviously photo paper, especially as it's usually one-side. Normal paper is too thin and just doesn't transfer colours well.

We're basically looking for 'book' paper, preferably matt, so that a stapled or bound copy feels like a book or magazine, still with high quality images and borderless. And cost effective; we've just printed off over 100 pages for a handout to 8 people.

We've got a Canon Pixma Pro-100 (inkjet) if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Soldato
I use an awful lot of 160gsm & 300gsm Xerox Colotech+ at work for printing all sorts of publications etc, it's pretty reasonably priced and gives good results, perfect handouts etc (particularly the 160gsm). I've not tried it with inkjet printing as I use office and production quality laser printers but it might be worth giving it a test.

A really nice matt finish paper is Satimat Matt, which is a coated stock but with a matt finish. The coating means it gives lovely crisp images but it has a matt finish, not super matt like an uncoated stock but way less shiny that typical satin/silk finishes which looks really classy in a publication etc, Again I'm not sure how well it'll print with inkjet but probably worth a few test sheets.

Associate
If you are printing 100 copies it will be much more cost effective to get them done on a digital press, anywhere with an HP Indigo will give great quality, you’ll also have a much wider choice of paper stocks to print on. 130/140/160gsm coated or uncoated depending on what kind of images are being printed. Munken do some excellent uncoated papers and Monadnock also.

Back
Top Bottom