None compression headset

Associate
Hi,

wondered if someone can recommend me a new gaming headset. I currently have the Razor Kraken but I find a lot of these headset are really tight around my head and my ears sweat a lot haha.
Are there any headsets around which don't have as much compression?

Associate
I'd look at Open Backed Headphones.

This will stop your ears from sweating.

Depending on your budget, I'd recommend something like AKG K701/2, AKG K612, Sennheiser HD599, Grado SR60/SR80, DT880, DT990.

Open back headphones often don't have loads of bass, however they do have better soundstage and imaging, meaning hearing the location/direction of footsteps and gunfire etc will be much clearer.

Of course, the above headphones don't come with a microphone. To my knowledge, you can't really get open back gaming headphones.

All closed headphones will likely make your ears sweat unfortunately.

If you do a google search on open back headphones, I'm sure you will find something for your budget either way. :)

Soldato
Razor Kraken but I find a lot of these headset are really tight around my head and my ears sweat a lot?
What, isn't having shiny China toy colours and fancy brand and name important over anything else like measly things of sound quality or comfort? :p

For the most effective avoiding of sweating headphones need to be open and have breathing velour pads.
Insulation of heat goes hand in hand with isolation of external noise.
The better headphones isolate noise the better they also keep heat inside.
Any good open headphones also have lot better soundstage than China toy closed gaming junk.
So obviously not much of open gaming brand headphones...

For avoiding pressing head proper adjustability is good thing, though obviously that costs so its secondary thing in gaming garbage.
Those high end AKGs would likely to have low clamping force, sure felt that few times I've had chance to handle such.
Beyerdynamic has certain firmness in clamping.
Though headband is made of spring steel and unlike plastic toys doesn't break if you carefully bend it if needed.
Those very good for competitive gaming HD59x Sennheisers have plastic headband so not that much of adjustment possibility in them.

But you didn't mention of actually using microphone so assume that can be disregarded.
Though there are ways to add microphone to normal good qualtiy headphones.
ModMic fits to about any and Beyerdynamics can be easily modded to use any of such ~10-15cm goose neck mic with 3,5mm jack.

Back
Top Bottom