Noob advice (not model recommendation thread)

Associate
Hey, my MS mobile wireless 4000 mouse is finally showing signs of wear coming on 7/8/9+ years. Not registering left clicks despite a strip down with clean, and clean driver installs.

This mouse is small, and it appears i claw grip it. I want to know if there's any way to know if i'd benefit from something else, bigger/palm grip style? -or feedback from others that have changed between the two styles.
The mouse has rubber grips on the sides, which i find many mouses don't have, or even palm rubber grips, a strange prospect to me. Smooth plastic seems like an odd thing for claw gripping.
And playing without the use of a mouse mat also seems strange. I feel i need a mouse mat to rest my wrist, and not be resting on a cold desk in the winter either. This appears common to players not to use them?

I've never used middle click, as use the side button as a stand-in for that. But that's probably due to the mouse size. What i also find weird, is that many mouses have their side buttons in the centre-ish of the mouse (looking at the pics), so i would have to bend my thumb to use them, as opposed to my thumb being in a natural extended position already on my current mouse.

While this forum area is also about keyboards, why do the gaming keyboards not really have wrist rests? This seems very bizarre to me as i love mine on my MS 3000 v2 keyboard, which also has left side buttons for zoom and out, which i'd be lost without. And i've not seen any gaming keyboards with additional buttons on the left, which to me would be the best place given WASD is all the way to the left.

So people, any advice, care to put me straight or show me the light?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Welcome aboard.

Best would be really if you could visit some shop to try some mouses in your own hand.
That "upstair's guy" left quite a few parts in human as nonstandardized with plenty of variation in them.

For side button position claw grip moves hand forward, so their position would be compromise to one way or another anyway.

Back
Top Bottom