Noob looking for tips and advice

Associate
Hi

I’ve always wanted to build a water-cooled OC computer. But I’m 100% noob. I watch some, GN AHOC, J2C etcetera. But that really don’t mean I know what I’m doing.

I have ordered some parts and will start to assemble my PC coming months. I say months since with the current status; Covid-19, paper launches, limited budget and all the fun stuff. It will most likely take a long time before I have all the parts.

What I do have so far is:
Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZR ( I think)
MSI B550 MEG Unify X (should be delivered today)
Arctic Bionix F140 3X
Arctic Bionix P140 3X
HWL Nemesis Black Ice GTX 420
AMD 5800X
Asus GTX1080 (will eventually get a new one, but the rest of the hardware first)

On my wish list
HWL Nemesis Black Ice GTX 360
Arctic Bionix P120 3X
Aqua Computer d5 next pump
Aqua Computer reservoir
CPU block EK or watercool
Black EKWB tubing
Corsair HX750i or Seasonic PX750
Some fan hub.

Maybe later
Aquacomputer aquaero 5 LT

So how do I go about it? Right now, I have an Asus mobo and use the Asus AI suite for overclocking. Should I manually overclock, is MSI afterburner good enough?

How should I proceed?

I don’t want to become an OC expert or build a water-cooled OC PC on a regular basis. It is probably a once in a lifetime project. So, any tips are welcome. Any good YouTube tutorials on how to OC memory 1:1. How to set up the fans and pumps. Tips on OC for the CPU.

It will be a daily system for work and play so no extreme OC it still needs to be reliable.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Maybe at a later point I might want to add some RGB but that has no priority now.

Back
Top Bottom