Noooooooo my mouse

Soldato
Well, after what, 13-15 years???? My Razer Diamondback limited edition plasma mouse it starting to fail slowly.

Its intermittent but getting worse, loses connection and the LEDs in start to flicker then it dies. Once I reconnect it its okay, maybe a failing capacitor or something similar, wiggling the wire etc doesnt seem to resolve it.

Anyway, literally cannot fault Razer, this thing has been fantastic over the years and lasted many, many houes of gaming, I wouldnt even like to hazard a guess at how many clicks and other than this problem, it works fine.

I'll be sad to see it go.

Any recommendations on a similar replacement? I'd buy a razer again tbh.

EDIT: Might just grab me one of these:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raze...aming-mouse-rz01-02540100-r3m1-kb-12q-ra.html

Last edited:
Associate
13 - 15 years holy crap, I changed my mouse at least once a year haha. Not a fan of Razer mice tbh but I never see much difference between any of the better brand ones.

Soldato
Ha, there's a Diamondback in our house that must be over ten years old still going strong.

Oddly enough, I only changed mice because mine was exhibiting the exact same symptoms you describe.

Then my youngest saw it one day gathering dust on a shelf in my study and asked if he could have it. I said he could try it but I didn't think it was working properly.

He's been using it for over a year now and it seems to have returned from the dead. Seems good as new somehow. Guess it just needed a rest. :)

As for me, I've still not found a mouse I'm as comfortable with, and my aim in games has never been the same.

Oh - I tried a Death Adder as my first replacement. It lasted a year before the scroll wheel went haywire. I wouldn't recommend one based on my experience, and I did find reports of other people having the same problem.

My eldest has Steel Series Sensei and I do like the feel of that when I've used his pc. Heavier then the Diamondback though, and a notably different shape.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I went for a deathadder elite in the end as it was on a really good black friday deal. Like it so far I must admit. In fact, I think I prefer it to the old one, the side much buttons are much more accessable, the side buttons on the diamondback were not great, particularly the right side, i have no idea how you were ever supposed to use those really.

I'll see if this one lasts.

Soldato
I went for a deathadder elite in the end as it was on a really good black friday deal. Like it so far I must admit. In fact, I think I prefer it to the old one, the side much buttons are much more accessable, the side buttons on the diamondback were not great, particularly the right side, i have no idea how you were ever supposed to use those really.

Yeah, tbh I've never used a mouse with side buttons that felt comfortable to use. This includes the Diamondback and the Death Adder. I think I've only ever activated side buttons by accident, so now I have an Abyssus, which doesn't have any damn side buttons!

Hope your Death Adder lasts you longer than mine!

Soldato

My only annoyance with the new ones is the thumb pads fall off quite easily, even when new. I had to super glue mine back on.

Associate
I changed to the Corsair Scimitar about 6 months back, best mouse I have ever used. Was using R.A.T 9 before this but have tried loads of mice over the years.

Back
Top Bottom