North Korea moves rocket into place (with video)

Caporegime
It doesn't mean a lot, could easily be just a better player.
Access to a rocket that can equally have a nuclear warhead rather than satellite, isn't really progress. He's just better at playing the political game.
Off course it'll take a few years to see what he's really like.

well the food aid is for agreeing to cease the nuclear program and let inspectors in iirc.

Soldato
Do the US have ASAT weaponry or was that programme abandoned ? From my nerdy days as a jet fighter fan, I'm sure they had the capability to take out satellites using an F-15 as a launch platform.

Going from memory I think they use modified SM3 missiles from Aegis destroyers/cruisers which I also think Japan has a few of in their fleet. Not sure about South Korea you'd have to wiki it or something.

Associate
:confused: how do you come to that conclusion.

He is allowing reporters into the country to do more coverage, the food aid, more transparency with the regime. Steps in the right direction.

And to those thinking it could be a nuclear weapon.

Do you honestly think all the agencies in the world don't have their spy planes/satellites monitoring them to make sure?

Soldato
I saw something even worse:

bestkorea.jpg

:eek:

That's some pretty good high resorution camera to pick that up!

Man of Honour
Do you honestly think all the agencies in the world don't have their spy planes/satellites monitoring them to make sure?

all that is just playing good politics, that on it's own means nothing. It doesn't mean transparency.
No one thinks it's a nuke. But it's testing an ICBM just in the open. To create this to and throw and to get people saying why can't they launch a satelite.

Who wouldn't want food aid and gather this media attention. It doesn't mean they are being open or not hiding. The media can only see what they are showen.

Now it doesn't mean he isn't geniniune and trying a slow change. But we need to wait a while.

Associate
The media can only see what they are showen.

Now it doesn't mean he isn't geniniune and trying a slow change. But we need to wait a while.

But they're shown more then they would have been allowed if Kim was still alive.

You can't expect things to change quickly with them, slow and steady wins the race.

Man of Honour
I don't expect things to change fast. More does a very limited view to gain media and donations automatically mean they want change.

Associate
One wonders quite what the starving peasants are thinking - perhaps it would be nice if all of the 3 Dear Leaders were aboard - they could then join the South and all have food and the chance of a better life!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched footage on this story and the latest developments on the BBC. The NK control centre looks like something out of a 1980's straight to video movie. Each one of the control station desks had what looked like a dinky little bathroom cabinet next to it. Maybe that's where the technicians keep their toothbrushes?.

g5iPY.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just watched footage on this story and the latest developments on the BBC. The NK control centre looks like something out of a 1980's straight to video movie. Each one of the control station desks had what looked like a dinky little bathroom cabinet next to it. Maybe that's where the technicians keep their toothbrushes?.

Did you see the bit about the factory where the worker kept taking the item off the production line and putting it back on at the start of the production line? Very bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom