Norwegian Airline

Man of Honour
What are peoples experiences flying with Norwegian?

Because of the complication of needing a one way ticket for me and a return for my girlfriend they're the only airline that can get us on the same MCO->LGW flight a reasonable cost £200 for the one way vs £1400 or so for Virgin Atlantic

Associate
I've read somewhere that it's not that great to book far in advance. They are expanding too fast and has limited cash flow. That could translate in canceled flights but other than that I've heard only positive feedback.

Soldato
Absolutely fine, what are you expecting? It's only an eight hour flight. Though what dates are you flying? I've found Virgin for £247 direct, one way. And Thomas Cook will also do it.

Man of Honour
OP
Absolutely fine, what are you expecting? It's only an eight hour flight. Though what dates are you flying? I've found Virgin for £247 direct, one way. And Thomas Cook will also do it.
I'm expecting or wanting nothing really, I've never flown more than 3 or 4 hours she's done America a few times and was concerned it'd be awful

November 10th LGW->MCO - Return November 15th
November 15th One way MCO->LGW

Edit: Also trying to keep the cost of my one way down as I'm being a bit cheeky and taking advantage of a work trip, by extending the trip with them still paying for my return

Soldato
I'm expecting or wanting nothing really, I've never flown more than 3 or 4 hours she's done America a few times and was concerned it'd be awful

November 10th LGW->MCO - Return November 15th
November 15th One way MCO->LGW

Edit: Also trying to keep the cost of my one way down as I'm being a bit cheeky and taking advantage of a work trip, by extending the trip with them still paying for my return

Flight hunting is one of my favourite ways to waste some time - I've spent the last week looking at every permeation to get from Scotland to Mexico City and back to the UK from Cancun. £494 is the best I've found!

Anyway, for you Norwegian is definitely the best. You could fly Virgin for a little bit more but you'd be flying on their 747. The Norwegian Dreamliner is a nicer place to be.

Are you needing checked bags?

Norwegian Return - £299.80 with no bags or £399.80 with bags.
Virgin Return - £339 with no bags. £439 with bags.

The Virgin Flight outbound is better (gets you to Florida at 15.00 rather than 19.25.)
Land London: Norwegian, 10.25 Saturday. Virgin, 9.25 Saturday.

One way:
MCO - LGW: - LGW, 15th Nov: £139.90 - Direct booking with Norwegian. (Or £189.90 with a checked bag and meals).

At £140, it's not even worth looking to see if a return is cheaper. Though I did, and it wasn't. I've also double checked with some online travel agents to see if anyone is offering baggage with their fare (you sometimes get this 'hack' which is great) but again, no luck. If four hours in Florida is worth it, I'd be booking the Virgin flight.

Associate
booked 8 months in advance for a gatwick to chicago o'hare return flight. A week before departure they text me saying they wet-leased the flight to Wamos Air.. the plane would have no in flight entertainment and restricted on-board luggage space. I googled that, saw the horror stories, and got a full refund to find some last minute BA flights for cheaper than i originally paid norwegian.

Man of Honour
OP
Flight hunting is one of my favourite ways to waste some time - I've spent the last week looking at every permeation to get from Scotland to Mexico City and back to the UK from Cancun. £494 is the best I've found!

Anyway, for you Norwegian is definitely the best. You could fly Virgin for a little bit more but you'd be flying on their 747. The Norwegian Dreamliner is a nicer place to be.

Are you needing checked bags?

Norwegian Return - £299.80 with no bags or £399.80 with bags.
Virgin Return - £339 with no bags. £439 with bags.

The Virgin Flight outbound is better (gets you to Florida at 15.00 rather than 19.25.)
Land London: Norwegian, 10.25 Saturday. Virgin, 9.25 Saturday.

One way:
MCO - LGW: - LGW, 15th Nov: £139.90 - Direct booking with Norwegian. (Or £189.90 with a checked bag and meals).

At £140, it's not even worth looking to see if a return is cheaper. Though I did, and it wasn't. I've also double checked with some online travel agents to see if anyone is offering baggage with their fare (you sometimes get this 'hack' which is great) but again, no luck. If four hours in Florida is worth it, I'd be booking the Virgin flight.

At least the one way needs a checked bag, probably both.

Big help as you've confirmed the conclusion I'd come to, neither of the outbound flights are ideal as looks like I can only get an overnight flight from Vegas to either Tampa or Orlando

Associate
Used them to and from Estonia for a stag do and half marathon. I'm 6,2 and found I had enough leg room if you are on an isle sit or window seat. Fight out was fine although the lady next to me had a young baby and when it came to the baby being breast feed I sort of became part of the team helping hold the baby while the twins were sorted. I guess this is something normal in Estonia who am I to judge :p To be fair they all seem lovely and friendly very nice place to visit.

Sadly on the way back I was sat next to two very short people who bagged the isle seat and window seat, neither of which were nice enough to swap with me but that's neither the airlines fault or the people just luck of the draw so it was tad uncomfortable on the way back as it seems you cant move your legs into different positions as easy.

The only thing on the way back was that no one checked any bags in and over head areas were so rammed they had to move peoples bags all over the place which meant upon landing queue the people instantly standing up and then attempting to get there bag with everyone else stood in the way was interesting.

Overall given they are basically a budget airline they aren't to bad.

Man of Honour
Used them to and from Estonia for a stag do and half marathon. I'm 6,2 and found I had enough leg room if you are on an isle sit or window seat. Fight out was fine although the lady next to me had a young baby and when it came to the baby being breast feed I sort of became part of the team helping hold the baby while the twins were sorted. I guess this is something normal in Estonia who am I to judge :p To be fair they all seem lovely and friendly very nice place to visit.

Ignore me, it’s just my simple mind, but had that been me, (when I was a lot younger, and had more front than Miami Beach) I might have asked if and when she had a return booked, and casually inquired what was the flight #.

Associate
Ignore me, it’s just my simple mind, but had that been me, (when I was a lot younger, and had more front than Miami Beach) I might have asked if and when she had a return booked, and casually inquired what was the flight #.

I guess for me the "Dad" element kicked in as being a father of 3 this isn't a new thing for me lending a hand or making noises, funny faces to help settle a baby I always do that. But the mum seemed quite comfortable and happy in a small space with me helping out where I could. I guess the other thing with flying with a young baby I think she was more happy that I was happy to be sat next to them and not go into angry passenger mode the second the baby cried on the fight. Personally I never have a problem with crying on fights but some people seem to go crazy over it. So with her not being to worried about whipping the milk cannons out to settle the baby when ever it needed a feed it was better viewing then the fight manual I guess :p not that I was going out of my way to look you understand a English men is a gentlemen ;)

Soldato
Flown with them many times - Never had an issue. In fact, I actively try and fly Norwegian where possible, it's normally a pleasant experience :)

Man of Honour
I guess for me the "Dad" element kicked in as being a father of 3 this isn't a new thing for me lending a hand or making noises, funny faces to help settle a baby I always do that. But the mum seemed quite comfortable and happy in a small space with me helping out where I could. I guess the other thing with flying with a young baby I think she was more happy that I was happy to be sat next to them and not go into angry passenger mode the second the baby cried on the fight. Personally I never have a problem with crying on fights but some people seem to go crazy over it. So with her not being to worried about whipping the milk cannons out to settle the baby when ever it needed a feed it was better viewing then the fight manual I guess :p not that I was going out of my way to look you understand a English men is a gentlemen ;)

You are to be commended sir, bravo!
I am reminded of the old joke, which you can spin out for ages, but the abridged version is; guy is on a bus, woman with baby sits next to him, baby begins to grizzle, woman pops out a boob, and tries to attach baby to it, he screams and rejects it.
She says, “Now come on, drink this, or I’ll give it to this nice man.”
Baby still refuses, repeats her plea to baby, again, and again, as bus rolls along.
Eventually guy says, “Make your mind up love, I should have got off 3 stops back!”

Back
Top Bottom