Not been having much luck with tyres

Associate
Well it's my day off and with nothing better to do I thought I'd go for a spirited drive, I however noticed something shiny on my tyre as I walked past it...a nice nail lodged about 1cm from the sidewall. Balls.

So I am now getting 2 new Eagle F1 asymmetricals fitted to the ol' rattly tin can later on this afternoon when they get delivered to the tyre place along with some shiny laser alignment.

Not the most exciting thread in the world but I thought it was quite cool that the garage got hold of some Asymmetrics for me :p a mini review will be written later on today!

Caporegime
Well it's my day off and with nothing better to do I thought I'd go for a spirited drive, I however noticed something shiny on my tyre as I walked past it...a nice nail lodged about 1cm from the sidewall. Balls.

So I am now getting 2 new Eagle F1 asymmetricals fitted to the ol' rattly tin can later on this afternoon when they get delivered to the tyre place along with some shiny laser alignment.

Not the most exciting thread in the world but I thought it was quite cool that the garage got hold of some Asymmetrics for me :p a mini review will be written later on today!

Glad to see the words "Tyre Weld" missing from this post, unlucky dude, nails always find that part of the tyre right by the wall! :(

Associate
Didn't think it was worth it really, plus the tread on the opposite tyre was getting pretty low so might aswell get two new 'uns

Would've just had to fork out on more tyre weld too, will make the next prospective owner think the car has been taken care of if it comes with it's original cans of it :D

Associate
Well I'm sure all of you have been on the edge of your seats awaiting my review!

Well as I was on my way to the garage yesterday they said that they'd been sent the wrong tyres, excellence asymmetric and not the eagle f1s, bit annoying as it wasted an afternoon waiting for them to come in.

Came in this morning though and after fitting this evening with some laser alignment done I was all set, I believe the words I said after a few corners and roundabouts were "ahahahohmygodyayayayaa" I was enjoying the slippy slidey roads but having some grip is also very nice!

So after a bit of whizzing about I would heartily recommend the F1 asymmetric, not that you needed approval from a random man off the internet but there ya go :D

Soldato
rating_5.gif
thread tbh

;)

Associate
Damn right! My dad isn't interested so I had to tell someone somewhere...although maybe here wasn't great either :p

Oh and I missed out a key fact which gels everything together, one of my wheels was 2.5 degrees out on Toe In, whatever that means.

Soldato
i had alloys that went through loads of tyres, dunno why it was tho sold the alloys been fine since, yet in 12 monhs i went through 14 tyres on the last set

Top Bottom