• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Not booting after new gfx card install.

Associate
A week ago I started getting blue vertical lines and artifacting on my screen, as this has happened to me before I knew my 8800GTX had died. No problem I thought its time for a new GFX cardanyway and bought a 4890.

I just replaced the card this evening and everything was fine; booted up and no oddness on the screen. Then I installed the 9.9 Cat drivers, reboot and I get a booting problem. System powers up all lights come on but then system powers down, powers up all lights come on and powers down and just loops like that untill I turn the power off. Everything was fine before I installed the Cat drivers.

Now I've had this booting problem before, it appeared out of the blue about a year ago. I solved it by flipping the external CMOS re-set switch on my motherboard and after it booted as normal but was notified on start up that there had been "CMOS checksum error- defaults loaded". The problem went away only returning when I powered down the system and turnedit back on straight away, but flipping the CMOS switch always solved the issue. Now with the new card I can flip the CMOS switch and it makes no difference, it wont boot.

Help

Specs:

OCZ 850W
Abit IP 35 Pro
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2 GB RAM

Associate
I had almost the same the other day. Installed 9.9 for my twin 4890's, rebooted, launched Crysis and received the BSOD.

Now I've since rebooted several times and played Crysis several times, but no failures.

Bizarre and guess this doesn't really help, but thought Id share.

Associate
OP
Taken it out an re-connected everything, checked PSU plugs and they're fine.

Also, put the 8800GTX back in and it boots.

Back
Top Bottom