Not sure what the differences are with some Corsair memory

Associate
I'm just about to buy some memory for a HTPC build and I'm a little unclear if all of the following will work and what the differences are:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16W

The ones that have C15 I understand should be marginally better, but these seem to be 3 years old, the C16 is a more recent product. Also, the sizes are very different - but that could be an error on Amazon

They are going on an MSI B450 Mortar mobo with a Ryzen 5 2400G APU. Which ones should I be getting? Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't worry about age of the RAM, likely the one you buy will have been made recently anyway.

If the price is the same I'd always go for the faster RAM with the lowest CL rating. A couple of things to bear in mind with AMD's Ryzen are:

1) Get the fastest RAM possible, Ryzen works a lot better with faster memory.

2) Try and get RAM that has Samsung B-Die chips on it, again it's a lot more friendly to Ryzen than say chips made by Hynix. A good resource for checking if it's B-Die is: https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Hope that helps a little? :)

OcUK Staff
You want Samsung B die this rules out Corsair generally.

You should be looking at:
Antec - unscreened B die
G.Skill - 3000 Trident Z and above is B die
Teamgroup 8 Pack - is all screened B die
Teamgroup TUF - Samsung b die
Gigabyte Aorus RGB - Samsung B die

Is where you should be looking as Samsung IC is the best.

OcUK Staff
Thanks for the info. I've had a look at G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX. This has the Samsung B-Die and it says it's optimised to work with Ryzen.

I've learnt something new today - cool :)

The 8 Pack kits are better as they use screened B die.
G.Skill only use screened B-die on 3200MHz Trident Z and above.

I also think our 8 Pack kits cost less as well at £188.99 :)

OcUK Staff
Thanks Gibbo, I'll take a look

This one:

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/ @ £188.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Team...3200MHz-Dual-Channel-Kit-Black-MY-08L-TG.html

THIS Black Friday we are giving the opportunity to beat the rest with this incredible 8 Pack memory kit that uses screened Samsung B Die IC, for maximum OC potential and great for both AMD & Intel !!

Only £188.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Unfortunately Gibbo we cant all afford £188.99 for 16Gb of Samsung b die. I had to search high and low for 16Gb of 3200Mhz ddr4 for less than £125 to stay within budget. Would have loved 8 packs screened b die though!
:D

Back
Top Bottom