Nougat starting to roll-out on S6

Soldato
S6 owner here on Vodafone. I've just run the manual software update checker and Nougat is now available for me to download.
Just thought I'd let other UK S6 owners know it has started...

Soldato
OP
Aye, no automatic update for me either. I'm about 17hrs in and so far so good. It installed really quite quickly - faster than some of the Marshmallow updates.
Took me 2hrs to find where the WiFi Calling option had been hidden. I've also got an issue with my Gmail app. It no longer seems to be automatically collecting mail. All morning not a single chime from it. Manually opened Gmail and both my Gmail address and personal IMAP account started showing new mail.
Not sure how to fix that one - may see if I can remove the app and reinstall. May also try the MS Outlook app instead.
Both little things. Phone feels snappier, but willing to accept that it might just be a placebo.

Associate
S6 owner here on Vodafone. I've just run the manual software update checker and Nougat is now available for me to download.
Just thought I'd let other UK S6 owners know it has started...

Is it just Vodafone S6's at the moment or are other getting the update. I've just checked my brothers factory unlocked S6 and nothing.

Soldato
OP
It will be available for all. Different networks have different roll-out times. To be honest in the past Vodafone have usually been behind everyone else, so was surprised to find them first this time.
As for unlocked, I assumed they would get theirs first - but it appears not.

Associate
Updated today. Only thing I have noticed is that the HTC Internet app no longer works. Much prefer that browser :(
All else is smooth and feels the same :)

Back
Top Bottom