** NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER - THE NEW ANTEC P8 **

OcUK Staff
As the title suggests, we now have the Antec P8 available for preorder. There is a lot going for this case for the pricepoint, including a tempered glass side window, support for 360mm and 280mm radiators, 390mm VGA cards and 240mm PSU's. Alongside that, it comes with 3 x 120mm White LED fans as standard, which is rare to see on a case at this pricepoint. Added to all that, it looks pretty nice too.

Stock will be landing around the 3rd week of August. Preorder now to avoid disappointment :)

Antec P8 Midi-Tower Gaming Case - Black Glass Window @ £69.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Antec-P8-Midi-Tower-Gaming-Case-Black-Glass-Window-CA-24K-AN.html

With clean lines and an interior designed around performance the Antec P8 is a distinctly modern addition to the acclaimed Performance Series.

Only £69.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Here are a few pics showing the inside better.

DSC_7647 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7650 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7659 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7667 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7668 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7670 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7671 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7672 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7673 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7674 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7675 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7678 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7679 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7681 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7682 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7683 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7684 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7685 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7686 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7687 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7690 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7694 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7695 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7696 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7697 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7698 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7699 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

Man of Honour
I haven't said this for a long time about Antec cases but I like that a lot and that's a lot of case for the money. That's something to give the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M a run for it's money and I actually prefer the whole of the psu section boxed in on the Antec compared to the cut-out in the Phantek so you can see the branding. The one thing I do prefer on the Phantek is there is a lot more space behind the motherboard tray which is something they can maybe improve in a future revision of the Antec. Aside from that it's the best looking case Antec has put out for a long time and very good value for money.

Soldato
I haven't said this for a long time about Antec cases but I like that a lot and that's a lot of case for the money. That's something to give the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M a run for it's money and I actually prefer the whole of the psu section boxed in on the Antec compared to the cut-out in the Phantek so you can see the branding. The one thing I do prefer on the Phantek is there is a lot more space behind the motherboard tray which is something they can maybe improve in a future revision of the Antec. Aside from that it's the best looking case Antec has put out for a long time and very good value for money.
I await your comments on our new P110 Case coming around September then also :) But that will be a slightly higher price, but even better spec/features to boot!

Soldato
I see the Mercury AIO coolers have arrived also :)

Antec AIO Mercury 120mm / 240mm / 360mm CPU Watercoolers

36368300985_d85e264df3_o.jpg

36199750902_af3fa6969d_o.jpg

35532502794_8d82653243_o.jpg

M120 - £59.99 inc VAT
M240 - £79.99 inc VAT
M360 - £99.95 inc VAT

BUY NOW

Edit: First happy customer:
MERCURY%20COOLER.PNG

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Only trouble (for me with 6 3.5 drives) with a lot of these new cases is support for only a couple of 3.5 HDD's, including the bigger P110.
Have you considered what I have done with 3.5" drives - get a HP microserver, lob your high capacity drives into that and them you can access it via your main PC and any other devices on your routers network - just ensure you have gigabit network from the router > Server and to main PC then you get almost the same speed as it being in your main PC.
You could leave 1 or 2 drives in your main PC for games if you like. I have gone 100% SSD in my PC though, 1 x 250GB nvme drive, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB SSD. And 24TB of mech drives in my HP micro server.

Soldato
Have you considered what I have done with 3.5" drives - get a HP microserver, lob your high capacity drives into that and them you can access it via your main PC and any other devices on your routers network - just ensure you have gigabit network from the router > Server and to main PC then you get almost the same speed as it being in your main PC.
You could leave 1 or 2 drives in your main PC for games if you like. I have gone 100% SSD in my PC though, 1 x 250GB nvme drive, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB SSD. And 24TB of mech drives in my HP micro server.

It's an extra expense though. I'd sooner have all the drives in one box.

I know there are still cases that can hold large amounts of 3.5's, but they seem to be getting fewer and fewer.

I still don't trust SSD's, had one go on me before with total loss of data. Maybe in a few years when the tech gets better.

Soldato
Well Antec were one of the last brands who had loads of 3.5" drive bays, and over and over users complained that it was a waste of space that could be reduced or used for other things.

Now we have started to to change to what most users are asking for and now people are wanting more.

It's difficult to please everybody I suppose, people all have different needs and features they feel should be included.

As for SSD's I think you were unlucky; I've never experienced a SSD failure personally, and when I worked at OCUK the SSD RMA % rate was significantly less than the % RMA rate for mechanical drives - I'd guess % terms it is still that way now. That being said any data that is important should have some backup or RAID redundancy incase of drive failure - thats why my server is configured in RAID.

If you want loads of 3.5" bays look at the Antec P100 though, that has 7 x 3.5" bays

Soldato
looks nice. i wish the 2.5 drives would be behind the mobo tray and hidden away. spoils the aesthetics in my opinion. i like the closed in psu cover but i wish they would put another little slit towards the rear on the bottom shroud for the audio cable connector to pop out of.

Soldato
its a shame the bottom to SSD mounts couldn't be larger to hold either SSDs are standard HDD.... no idea why cases based on this type of chassis dont .
Might fully block the 7th slot but 90% of users dont actually use it .
Would be such an easy thing to add/change that could expand the case so much - 4x HDD with modern boards housing dual m.2s and a 360 AIO up front would be killer!

Soldato
its a shame the bottom to SSD mounts couldn't be larger to hold either SSDs are standard HDD.... no idea why cases based on this type of chassis dont .
Might fully block the 7th slot but 90% of users dont actually use it .
Would be such an easy thing to add/change that could expand the case so much - 4x HDD with modern boards housing dual m.2s and a 360 AIO up front would be killer!
Our P110 will have just that if you need more than 2 x 3.5" drives. This is being released in about 5-6 weeks.

See here -
ANTEC%20P110_Page_09.jpg

Back
Top Bottom