[Now Delidded!] 3770k Overclocking Help Please

Soldato
I'm gonna do it, I'll put some pics up of my endeavour next weekend, just need to buy a razor blade, get some new Tim, and borrow a hairdryer!

Soldato
Good luck chaps, you're braver than me (got mine 2nd hand already done).

Funnily enough this thread made me revisit my settings and I noticed my RAM was running below stock speeds, so was a good chance to fix that!

Associate
OP
Yeah should work. Seen people use the vice method but looks brutal. Good luck! :)

Yeah I see the vice method, wow! Makes the blade method look like childs play! I did have some sweat breaking out though....

I'm gonna do it, I'll put some pics up of my endeavour next weekend, just need to buy a razor blade, get some new Tim, and borrow a hairdryer!

I used a fresh stanley blade. However, you can use whatever you feel most comfy with. Key is, angle the blade up towards the lid. I guess the advantage of the stanley blade, it's ridgid, so it can't flex and mark the chip as you are angling it up. However a slimmer blade may cut through easier. I done each corner bit by bit, then a little down the sides and then got it off by hand. Heating it up may not help you tbh, it's a silicon stuff, so won't really react too much to little heat. Just keep in mind what way the die is too. The rest of the silicon will come off easy with either your nail or I used my driving license card. Just rub it away! Then I used TIM Clean to clean it all up.

And yeah Kryonaut is the stuff I used. I would just get the big tube and be done with it tbh. It comes in a air tight seal able bag, so will last forever! The applicators make it easy to spread evenly, and there is no cure time. It's amazing stuff!

Good luck chaps, you're braver than me (got mine 2nd hand already done).

Funnily enough this thread made me revisit my settings and I noticed my RAM was running below stock speeds, so was a good chance to fix that!

Brave or stupid lol? Guess it's no issue at all if you take your time. You can always cut more, rather than cutting to much and damaging things. Good new about your RAM, more free performance :D

Back
Top Bottom