Now that the Dell 1905 is no longer viable, what's a good alternative?

Associate
My new system was going to include two Dell 1905fp monitors, but with the recent price rise they're too expensive. What monitors would be good replacements?

Soldato
Unfortunately the cheaper panels use TN film technology which offer more restricted viewing angles and as you appear to be wanting to run a dual screen setup this may have an impact. When I asked about using twin TN film monitors the general concencus was unfavourable however there may be someone out there who is running a similar setup without problems.

Man of Honour
Papillon said:
My new system was going to include two Dell 1905fp monitors, but with the recent price rise they're too expensive. What monitors would be good replacements?

depends on your uses for the screens really. What's your budget for each screen? Also have you considered perhaps getting one larger screen rather than having 2x 19" models?

Associate
OP
I didn't really want to spend much more than £500 on both screens (I'd stretched it a little for the Dells).

I don't need the monitors for gaming - they'll mainly be used to view lots of individual windows of data etc.

I don't fancy the idea of one large screen.

Soldato
I think you're going to struggle with that budget to get satisfactory results. For £550 you could get 2 x 770p Samsungs both with 178 viewing angles or for a similar budget I guess you could sit in front of a 913n and have 970p next to it.

Associate
OP
Thanks PieEater. I'm now thinking I might just try to make do with one monitor whilst I ponder the idea of a second one. I'd rather not get two cheap monitors just for the sake of having a dual setup.

Soldato
Papillon said:
Thanks PieEater. I'm now thinking I might just try to make do with one monitor whilst I ponder the idea of a second one. I'd rather not get two cheap monitors just for the sake of having a dual setup.
That's what I've done, spend the money on a good quality monitor (maybe the Viewsonic VP930?) and see how you feel when you have enough to buy a second one. With £500 you'll only be compromising which you'll probably end up being dissapointed about.

Back
Top Bottom