NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
TBF there are quite a few builds on Reddit using home-made "top hats" on SFF cases to provide extra radiator space. And some of them look pretty good. Can't see any reason why this can't also look good, with the right casing over the AIO.

Associate
Does anyone has an issue with glass panel where the black bottom border starts to break/peel off inside? Probably noticeable only with white case.
Contacted CM and they confirmed that's not supposed to happen and will send me another glass panel.

Associate
There's finally some SFX PSUs available in my country, should I go for:
1. Cooler Master V750 = $160 + confirmed 10-year warranty by Cooler Master Philippines themselves.
2. Corsair SF750 = $200 + 2-year warranty from retailer but they want nothing to do with the distro warranty (the 7-year warranty) and was told to contact Corsair Philippines (which are also unfortunately not responsive) instead if I were to go beyond 2 years.

Associate
They're both good power supplies, the only difference is the cooler master has longer cables useful for a larger case, or awkward in a smaller case.

Associate
They're both good power supplies, the only difference is the cooler master has longer cables useful for a larger case, or awkward in a smaller case.
Oh that's something I haven't even though about, thanks for the heads up. I hope the sfx version of the V750 changed the length in accordance to its use-case (being that it'll be used on itx builds).

Soldato
Still no sign of any stock, overdue for the best part of a week now from where I ordered. Seeing as it takes a month via boat to get here, it’s probably stuck in a shipping container somewhere waiting to be unloaded or caught up in the chaos at the ports.

Soldato
OP
Still no sign of any stock, overdue for the best part of a week now from where I ordered. Seeing as it takes a month via boat to get here, it’s probably stuck in a shipping container somewhere waiting to be unloaded or caught up in the chaos at the ports.

If it's the blue place, they have a habit of lying about ETAs. I'm still waiting on my Thrustmaster HOTAS One, which gets to "Stock Due Today" before having the date pushed back by 7 days. They did the same thing with the NZXT H1 too.

Soldato
OP
Would a 240mm and 15mm fans fit in the roof? So you'd be looking at 45mm with the rad and fans. Does it have that clearance?

No. You'll wind up colliding with the motherboard heat sinks, or the RAM, or other components that sit high in the case.

But people have done it. Have a search on r/SFFPC.

Associate
I'm just baffled that France etc is getting seemingly fairly regular stock, yet there is none in the UK. It's a bit frustrating, but oh well, my bench build will remain for now.

Associate
Waiting for my parts, Ive read entire thread once again and:

I didn't say they weren't compatible, I said you might possibly experience higher than expected temps because the base plate of the cooler is convex to suit intel IHS rather than Ryzen's flatter IHS

I believe this to be why my Wraith Prism matches or outperforms the Scythe Mugen 5 on my 3600 as they also apparently have a base better suited to intel IHS

You can find plenty of comments and experiences out there on this subject I'm just sharing what I've read after trying to understand why the Mugen 5 didn't perform as well as I expected

Ive done some thinking on that part, would you think applying thermal pad or thermal pad + paste might bare better results in this case?

Back
Top Bottom