NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Been watching quite abit of this dude. He's got the same no drama presenting style which reminds me of that other guy from Optimum Tech.

Https://youtu.be/7nyV4J1n7YQ

In this video he basically went through how he cable managed a build in the NR200p which I found really useful. The only thing is he's using the CPU cooler as intake from the back, which is probably going to hoover up all the dust in my room.

Soldato
You could add a magnetic filter to the back or even a pair of old tights and just attach them with the screws.

I wouldn’t worry about dust too much unless you smoke or have pets that drop a lot of fur. It’s a once in a year job at the most.

Soldato
Been watching quite abit of this dude. He's got the same no drama presenting style which reminds me of that other guy from Optimum Tech.

In this video he basically went through how he cable managed a build in the NR200p which I found really useful. The only thing is he's using the CPU cooler as intake from the back, which is probably going to hoover up all the dust in my room.

Got to agree. Since I've been looking to upgrade I've discovered a few new PC tech channels which are really high in quality. Optimum Tech and Machines & More being two of them. Very informative, detailed, and easy to follow.

Associate

He's been referenced a lot in this thread because he's done so many videos on NR200P. Some great content.

Associate
First time to post here.

I finished my build quite a while with an i7 10700k and a rtx 3080.

For those who concerns about placing the cpu fans as intake, you can just tailor-make a filter with some magnetic tape. It does collect so much dust.
H6A8wi2.jpg OGp2BqV.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone come across anyone modding their NR200 to have custom panels at all? Was pondering how easily you could make a replacement top panel that's slightly raised to fit a 240mm (or even 280mm?) rad + fans. This sounds preferable to me than gutting the stock top panel and maybe ruining it!

Soldato
Nice restraint. Only 7ish days to go
Yeah it didn't last lol

aIzo5Clh.jpg

Think I need to get a 24 Pin thats a little longer though!

I'm not too concerned about the cable management at the front of the case.

I've got two fans to go at the bottom if they fit, was thinking bringing them in as an intake, top fans as exhaust and CPU exhausting, but then not sure if that's just pushing hot air from GPU to CPU...

Soldato
Yeah it didn't last lol

Think I need to get a 24 Pin thats a little longer though!

I'm not too concerned about the cable management at the front of the case.

I've got two fans to go at the bottom if they fit, was thinking bringing them in as an intake, top fans as exhaust and CPU exhausting, but then not sure if that's just pushing hot air from GPU to CPU...

Why don't you run the 24pin and the 8 pin up the left side of the PSU shroud instead of over the top, that's why the velcro straps are pre-installed there. I need to sort the front of mine out once my GPU cable arrives the gap between the mobo and PSU is fully managed. I'm only using the 4 included straps at the moment and nothing is touching the GPU

wINdrG1.jpg

Associate
OK i've had absolute fun and games today updating the build with the new 4 arctic P12 fans that arrived yesterday. So here goes...

My specs:
Asus B550i
5800x
Mugen 5 Revb (RGB)
Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16
3080 FE*
Adata 2TB NVMe
SF750
4x P12 fans
*note: i am running an undervolt here so it only needs 981Mv to hit 1950mhz. I used this guide, but my card needed a touch more juice than it recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqpfYTi43TE&t=193s&ab_channel=OptimumTech
My room is about 23C.

So, I removed the 92mm fan behind the CPU cooler, and installed the 4 P12's (checking arrows, etc). I switched the CPU fan to exhaust.

Temps for my CPU were rubbish (hitting 90C instantly on cinebench, running 80C in games). Before it ran mid 70C's in games and 86/87C in cinebench.
Temps for my 3080 FE were abysmal. Hitting 80C in games, which it usually ran at about 72C before.
I assumed it was an issue with the differential fan speeds and creating turbulence. So I turned off the bottom fans and it went back to 70C (a few degree improvement from 72C due to i'm assuming better top fans now).

I was pretty dissapointed with these temps, and I opened my case to switch my CPU fan direction back to intake, and take the bottom 2 fans out.
However, when i was taking them out i noticed i had accidentally installed the bottom fans backwards... they were exhausting... what a doughnut!
No idea how i did this as I very specifically checked the directions.

So switched them to intake, and CPU back to intake. GPU temps are now amazing, in the same test where i went from 80C (wrong direction fans), to 70C (fans off), the 3080 now peaked about 56C with 2 bottom intake fans.
I stressed it longer when i got a 100% GPU consumption part on cyberpunk and let it run for a good while, and it runs at 60C (this was with the undervolt, and applying custom fan curve to be a touch more aggresive - still inaudible behind the already quiet P12s). Great result.

For the CPU, back as intakes it went from 86C to eventuially 90C in cinebench, but thats normal for a 5800x. Gaming it was now at 75C in cyberpunk, down 5C. Again - normal temps.
However, i saw this adjustment to PBO to run a smaller boost in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kfpele/5800x_adjusting_ppttdcedc_limits_on_pbo_got_me/
So i set my mobo PBO settings to PPT = 120, TDC = 75 and EDC = 110.

Now in cinebench i hit an all core boost of ~4300 MHz, but with a max temp of 75C! Speeds in multicore cinebench will be a touch less, but marginal. Single core should be identical as all we're doing is reducing the total power for boosting essentially.
When gaming in cyberpunk in same test area as before, (downtown area using all cores) i hit 72C. And performance was perceivebly identical, i couldn't tell any difference looking at the FPS counter.

So overall very happy now. I absolutely recommend bottom fans for a 3080 FE in the NR200p, i got a 15C drop in a like for like test!

Pics of the final build, and more in this link: https://imgur.com/gallery/BtN7DwE
QGWbjiU.jpg
jxAzN8U.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don't you run the 24pin and the 8 pin up the left side of the PSU shroud instead of over the top, that's why the velcro straps are pre-installed there. I need to sort the front of mine out once my GPU cable arrives the gap between the mobo and PSU is fully managed. I'm only using the 4 included straps at the moment and nothing is touching the GPU

Yeah I spent about an hour earlier re-doing it, looks a lot better but wasn't easy - Think I should have gone with the plat and braided cables...

Associate

wINdrG1.jpg

I'm drawn to this like a moth to flame...

Associate
I have a question for those who have asus rog strix b550i
if I plug pwm fans in pump header can I control them with the curve?
currently using cpu fans header for the fuma fans and stock cm fans with chassis header, I want to add 2 fans at the bottom

Associate
I have a question for those who have asus rog strix b550i
if I plug pwm fans in pump header can I control them with the curve?
currently using cpu fans header for the fuma fans and stock cm fans with chassis header, I want to add 2 fans at the bottom

The pump header is 100% FAN speed the whole time. At least I can't adjust it in the BIOS. I first built my rig with 1 fan on the fan header and another on the pump header...wrong move...haha. Then I just used the splitter and put them on the case port.

Associate
The pump header is 100% FAN speed the whole time. At least I can't adjust it in the BIOS. I first built my rig with 1 fan on the fan header and another on the pump header...wrong move...haha. Then I just used the splitter and put them on the case port.
bad news but I will use scythe slim fans anyway, at 1200rpm 100% they are literally silent

Associate
9DpSr8C.jpg
those who are planning to use or using the fans that came with the nr200p, there is an annoying vibration so i saw a guy on reddit adding keyboard o rings to them I did the same.
it's not totally gone but way better.
also what are the best exhaust fans that I can use that are not noctua a12×25?
I wanted to buy arctic p12 but I heard they have humming noise at certain rpm

Back
Top Bottom