NTO received but no PCN

Man of Honour
I'd appreciate the thoughts of others.

I parked briefly by our local post office. The parking spaces were full (they're on private land) so I parked in the street knowing I had a 15 second transaction at the counter. One customer in front of me (an old biddy) but even then I wasn't more than three minutes.

As I was leaving, a parking gestapo was approaching the car. She must have been waiting in her car in the spaces (on the private land) as it was raining at the time.

I simply got in the car and drove off. I did notice, in my rear view mirror, her taking my picture when I was some 50-60m away.

I thought nothing more about it. No PCN arrived.

Then on Friday I received a Notice to Owner (NtO). Throughout the front page of which it makes repeated reference to the service of a PCN and that I've lost the opportunity to pay the half price deal.

Surely the non-service of the PCN, by any means, gives me a case to appeal? And the falsehoods stated in the NtO?

I also note that there is no Tax Disc info on the NtO. Simply because she didn't get anywhere close enough to make notes.

What's the thinking.

Man of Honour
OP
APCOA agent acting on behalf of County Council.

I would imagine the only photo is of my departing at speed. And I see no reason for that photo being taking had the more usual one been taken.

I would have thought the debate about photos would come if this went to an Adjudicator. I'm at the Representation stage and my gripe at this time is the absence of a PCN.

Permabanned
You have grounds to challenge the PCN simply because it was not served...ask for proof of the PCN and photographs of the parking contravention and if they refuse or reject it, appeal to the adjudicator where they will have to supply proof or capitulate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom