Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

Caporegime
Sex work (usually).
Acting (in cases of an actor playing the part of a real person or an already created character and when it's impossible or impractical to portray the actor as having the appropriate sex onscreen).
Modeling (for some items of clothing).
Some aspects of medicine.

Sex doesn't really matter in the great majority of circumstances, but it does matter in a few.
societal based pressures again. Mentioned medicine before, though you're right about acting when portraying another person.

Caporegime
I've posted this before but it explains pretty much everything that is happening in modern society today because of the far left and their political correctness etc.

"What happens is they're indoctrinated into a cult of indiscriminateness and the way they do this is teaching our children that rational moral thought is an act of bigotry."

"He (a teacher) came to the realisation that they (students) have been raised to believe that indiscriminateness is a moral imperative because its opposite is the evil of having discriminated."

"I paraphrase this in my own words: in order to eliminate discrimination the modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate."

"The problem is that the ability to discriminate, to thoughfully choose the better of the available options is the essence of rational thought, so we're dealing with the whole of western Europe and the US Democratic party dominated as it is by this philosophy that rejects rational thought as a hate crime"

It's relevant to this thread because in this case the act of seeing a child and recognising them as male or female is put simply, the evil of discrimination.

It even ties in with the advertising standards agency ban on stereotypes, to stereotype is an act of discrimination.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
societal based pressures again. Mentioned medicine before, though you're right about acting when portraying another person.

I gave examples of the few things that are not social pressures. A person's sex does usually matter in sex work. Even people who are absolutely 50/50 bisexual might reasonably object if they hired a person of a specific sex for sex work and someone not of that sex turned up for the job and most people aren't absolutely 50/50 bi. Some items of clothing are genuinely suited to fit people of one specific sex. The sex of a model is, for example, genuinely relevant when it comes to modelling a bra or many styles of underwear.

Soldato
CBA to read the whole thread so perhaps already discussed....

This will make me sound really old but I'm not. This gender crisis mind set just didn't seem to be such an issue when I was at school. No, I don't believe that swathes of kids were cowering in silence about their gender issues afraid to speak out. I genuinely believe there just weren't THAT many people suffering with such mental illness.

What I do believe is the problem is the amount media and government pandering to push this SJW agenda affects children's minds and influences them into believing they are of a differing gender. My youngest sister is 14 and comes home telling me her best friend at school claims to be non-gender bisexual and she's one of many like that. There is no doubt the child wouldn't even be discussing or contemplating such matters if it wasn't shoved in their faces.

Kids strive to be cool and stand out. This matter facilitates that, but I think it's damaging. Kids are forced to grow up so quickly. Sure it's great to teach awareness of issues but some things can wait surely?

Soldato
My youngest sister is 14 and comes home telling me her best friend at school claims to be non-gender bisexual and she's one of many like that. There is no doubt the child wouldn't even be discussing or contemplating such matters if it wasn't shoved in their faces.

Kids strive to be cool and stand out

When I was at school being bisexual was the 'cool' thing. Well for the girls. Fast forward 13 years and not one of them has a girlfriend. The vast majority of them probably haven't even done anything with a woman.

Shrug.

Soldato
When I was at school being bisexual was the 'cool' thing. Well for the girls. Fast forward 13 years and not one of them has a girlfriend. The vast majority of them probably haven't even done anything with a woman.

Shrug.

There wasn't really any of that when I was at school. We were all too busy fawning over the release of this spangly new console called the Sony Playstation whilst the girls made up dance routines to Take That or New Kids On The Block.

I just think today kids are forced into more complicated and adult problems when they shouldn't. It's clearly a result of it being forced upon them in the name of "awareness".

Soldato
They'll still all grow up and stick their bits into the right holes and humanity will continue, nothing for all the old fuddy-duddies to get so worked up about.

Soldato
This study here, looks at five decades of research involving over 160,000 children. The researchers say it is the most complete analysis to date of the outcomes associated with spanking, and more specific to the effects of spanking alone than previous papers, which included other types of physical punishment in their analyses.

Here are some others:

Choose 1 of these and have a read about the effects of hitting children

If scientific journal reading is difficult for you to understand, try this

You 4 links are all behind pay walls and after skimming the first 3-4 results I got fed up because they all use buzz words. For example your quote, I've highlighted what I deem to buzzwords.

“We found that spanking was associated with unintended detrimental outcomes and was not associated with more immediate or long-term compliance, which are parents’ intended outcomes when they discipline their children.”

“The upshot of the study is that spanking increases the likelihood of a wide variety of undesired outcomes for children. Spanking thus does the opposite of what parents usually want it to do,”

“The more they were spanked, the more likely they were to exhibit anti-social behavior and to experience mental health problems. They were also more likely to support physical punishment for their own children, which highlights one of the key ways that attitudes toward physical punishment are passed from generation to generation.”

“Yet our research shows that spanking is linked with the same negative child outcomes as abuse, just to a slightly lesser degree.”

They are words that IMO are useless at conveying useful information let me give you an example of why.

Outcome A has a 2% chance. Outcome B has a 4% chance. Outcome be is twice as likely (or more likely) as outcome A to occur because of action C.

My second sentence is correct but looking at the actual data its small in the grand scheme of things and it can be considered insignificant in certain cases.

Regarding the very final sentence, that is a classic case of all x equal y but not all y equal x. Do people who abuse there children spank them. Yes. Does everyone who spanks their child abuse their child. No. It is therefore imo irrelevant to the discussion of the affect of spanking on a child's development.

As someone mentioned most people who are in there 50s where spanked as kids. surely we should be seeing all these negative outcomes in a significant amount of the population if it was a bad as the research leads you to believe.

If you find non paywalled research that uses actual numbers rather than buzz words feel free to post it.

Edit: Also how did they account for the all the other variables that affect a childs mental health?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm. I thought, I gave quite a detailed reasoning as to why they are useless. Care to give me a reason as to why they are useful?
You also ignored the other half of the post. Just saying.
You asked for evidence. He provided evidence. You refuted the evidence based on your own conjecture and nothing more (you could have at least retorted with some evidence that backs your argument). Your reasoning is simply that - your reasoning/your opinion. There is no evidence there.

Soldato
You asked for evidence. He provided evidence. You refuted the evidence based on your own conjecture and nothing more (you could have at least retorted with some evidence that backs your argument). Your reasoning is simply that - your reasoning/your opinion. There is no evidence there.
I did not refute the evidence not based on personal conjuncture. I refuted the evidence provided based on the fact that it gives no actual numerical data and uses useless buzzwords, like "more likely" and "slightly lesser". Without any numerical values to back them up they can be easily used to exaggerate the actual results as proven by my example.
Outcome A has a 2% chance. Outcome B has a 4% chance. Outcome b is twice as likely (or more likely) as outcome A to occur because of action C.

Give me a reason why such words not backed up by numerical data is of any use to anyone?

Back
Top Bottom