• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvdia to ATI Drivers clean Process

Soldato
hi what process do i need to use to remove Nvdia drivers and install New ATI drivers.

Do i need to run any driver cleaner progs or run in safe mode, just want a bit of advice from ppl who have done this process before and whats the best way to clean my system up.

I dont want performance issues with the two different drivers conflicting.

Thanks.

Associate
hi what process do i need to use to remove Nvdia drivers and install New ATI drivers.

Do i need to run any driver cleaner progs or run in safe mode, just want a bit of advice from ppl who have done this process before and whats the best way to clean my system up.

I dont want performance issues with the two different drivers conflicting.

Thanks.
Uninstall and then running Drivercleaner did it for me. No conflicts going from my old 8800GTX to my new HD5870.

Soldato
OP
i thought as im going from one GPU manufacturer to another, that i need to completly clean my system of Nvdia drivers/files?
Thats why i mentioned the use of a driver cleaner in my op?

Associate
no those programs are trash, they were good back in 2000-2002 but now they are more likely to just bork your pc

agreed,
I made a smooth tansition from Nvidia to ATI. Uninstall Nvidia drivers, reboot with new card, install new ATI drivers. No need for another program to mess around.

Back
Top Bottom