• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidai 7900gt given up the ghost!!!

Associate
Hi all need some help please in deciding what graphics card i can put in to this motherboard Asrock N68C-S UCC.
It was running a 7900 gt pulled from one of my old builds, it is for my son's pc who plays some wow and minecraft.
Was just wondering what my options would be many thanks.

Associate
I would advise that you set yourself a budget, and spend up to that.
Any new card within reason would fit in that board (depending on your power supply connectors and wattage available)

If you are not after much of an upgrade why don’t you look for a geforce 9000 series or similar on the members market?

Associate
OP
Looking to spend up to £50.00-£60.00 pounds not bothred if its second hand just wondering what models i should be looking at really..something in comparison to what the 7900gt could do..if i could find something a little better that would be a bonus..can you install a 2xpcie card in to a 1xpcie card slot??..many thanks.

Associate
I would suggest 6850, yes it is over budget but second hand you may find one cheaper.

Tiny bit more power drain, but it better.

Yes PCI cards should always be backwards compatible. If the card fits in the slot, it should work. It does get limited by bandwidth on older slots but that isnt always an issue.

Soldato
What resolution does he game at? Rest of the sytem spec including PSU?

For around £50-60 the best you could do is grab a second hand Radeon HD5770 or 768MB GTX460. Both are decent cards and will be huge upgrades from his current video card.

Back
Top Bottom