• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3080FE undervolting - what settings are working for you?

Associate
Interesting, you don't allow your card to zero its fans?

I like mine to zero at idle, less wear and tear!

Going through some threads on site about UVing and you can still idle them as clicking the "user define" will return card to default which idles under certain temp, I usually turn it on when I am about to load a game up so they don't keep going on and off.

Got to be easier just letting them spin than kicking on and off every minute or two.

Soldato
Going through some threads on site about UVing and you can still idle them as clicking the "user define" will return card to default which idles under certain temp, I usually turn it on when I am about to load a game up so they don't keep going on and off.

Got to be easier just letting them spin than kicking on and off every minute or two.

I don't need to do this, the fans still spin down to zero even when on a UV profile.

Soldato
1920 @ 875mv

Memory left as is.

Under block.

With pump speed at 50% and fans at 30% barly audible my memory is at 56c in most games. 60c with quake 2 rtx.

I feel like I've got the best card at the best price. Especially as it's paid the upgrade cost in mining.

Shame it's the last time I'll be buying pc stuff based on pricing now.

Man of Honour
I don't have a 3080 but I do have a Gigabyte RTX3070 Vision OC and reading all these threads about undervolting decided to give it a go. When I first got the card I was staggered by how much extra power it was pulling compared to my old GTX1070 and was regularly seeing over 400w being drawn when gaming. My first attempt at undervolting was not completely stable as it was ok in some games but others crashed. I backed off the value a little and settled at 950mv and it has been rock solid. Depending on the game it draws between 93 and 125w less than it did at stock yet boosts to the same 1965mhz or even higher and often hit's 2000mhz now. I have not touched the memory. Now I have a solid benchmark to work from I shall try to refine this down as much as I can. This is mind boggling stuff and makes you wonder why they are so generous with the power at stock settings although I would guess it's to cover all bases as we all know how much silicon can vary.

Soldato
I undervolted my 3080 FE. It wasnt a huge underclock and it was fine for weeks then I played a game where the actions build up (Warzone) towards the end. System flat shutdown
Initially I thought it was a power cut but nope. I removed the undervolt and its been fine at stock with no system shutdowns. Maybe those extra mv were required for a split second

Soldato
I undervolted my 3080 FE. It wasnt a huge underclock and it was fine for weeks then I played a game where the actions build up (Warzone) towards the end. System flat shutdown
Initially I thought it was a power cut but nope. I removed the undervolt and its been fine at stock with no system shutdowns. Maybe those extra mv were required for a split second

Yeh, it's all about finding what's stable or not.

I find running Cyberpunk (at least it's useful for this :p) with everything maxed out including psycho RT, for an hour or so, will soon find out an unstable UV.

Soldato
Yup. You could add another 10 or 15% to the power budget in Afterburner I guess? That kinda goes against the idea of undervolting though, unless you don’t want the clock dropping… :)

Soldato
Yup. You could add another 10 or 15% to the power budget in Afterburner I guess? That kinda goes against the idea of undervolting though, unless you don’t want the clock dropping… :)
I have maxed out the power limit which the card is still hitting on Q2 RTX, but in other games (and Heaven) it’s about 100W below the limit. I guess games with ray tracing need a lot more power to reach the same clock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom