• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
1080p / 1440p are what most people use and esport titles usually can run really high fps without having to buy right at the top end , I myself rather stick to 1440p I get more bang for buck from GPU dont see point of 4K for gaming unless you wanna play on large screen I prefer playing on desk with monitor infront so dont need massive screen

unless you have money to burn the 30 series didnt give much headroom at 4K unless FPS is well north of 100fps I aint interested in 4K

a lot of games unfortunately are CPU bound at 1080 and 1440 so even if you have a top of the line GPU you can't always utilise it

Soldato
I do play few online games that max out the G7 1440p 240hz with the 3080, I also had the 3060ti and looking back it also performed well enough if you dont look at the FPS counter its difficult to notice of any difference

Caporegime
It's been happening for the last few years though even pandemic aside, Mix in basic utilities going up by an estimated £4000+ extra per year with signs saying it'll go up even further, Food's going up, Taxes are going up etc... at that point PC gaming becomes a hobby for the privileged types in society.
PC gaming was already realistically a luxury hobby when you factor in the cost vs console... at least for the initial outlay and ongoing upgrade costs. Games are admittexly much cheaper on PC in general if you use key sites so that does lesson the sting over the long term.

However you can still build a budget 1080p or mid-range 1440p PC for a good price, it's only the high-end of PC gaming that really start to get silly.

Caporegime
As per HUB, TPU etc. testing, 3080/ampere in general does better with higher resolutions than RDNA 2, iirc between 5-20% better @ 4k when comparing equivalent tiers of gpus (not factoring in most of the RT games either and that is with SAM/rebar enabled too), we all know what happens when RT is thrown into the mix though.....

DLSS/FSR 2 is a game changer for high refresh gaming at both 1440 and 4k though, without them, no gpu would be capable of this unless settings are sacrificed in multiple areas.

Spiderman remastered is the first game where my 5600x is bottlenecking the 3080 and that's at 3440x1440, although as confirmed by computerbase and Alex, there appears to be an issue with ryzen cpu scaling currently so probably will be fixed/improved at some point.

Soldato
Of course, it's completely obvious that the 3000 series cards will be great buys for mainstream gamers for years to come. Just as there are folk using 1080ti's, 2080's today, which are completely fine for those wanting to play at 1080P or 1440P.
It's a good thing that none of these cards have some sort of artifical limit to hinder their full potential :D

Caporegime
DLSS/FSR 2 is a game changer for high refresh gaming at both 1440 and 4k though, without them, no gpu would be capable of this unless settings are sacrificed in multiple areas.
Yeah, credit also has to go to DLSS (and by extension FSR) for basically being the equivalent of switching on a generational improvement in graphical performance for the games that support them (which seems to be most new games and an increasing back catalogue).

Caporegime
Yeah, credit also has to go to DLSS (and by extension FSR) for basically being the equivalent of switching on a generational improvement in graphical performance for the games that support them (which seems to be most new games and an increasing back catalogue).

It's definitely come a long way since version 1! Hopefully FSR 2 can catch up sooner than later in terms of quality and games it's implemented in too, as if RDNA 3 is better for RT/all round performance, losing dlss will be quite the loss.

Associate
wow

have u guys noticed the price of GPUs, going so low? 3090 for 1200 quid! new,

whats gonna happen to the 4000 series prices now? if a 3090 is 1200 then the 4000 series wont be that much far off right?

is it like 8 weeks before Nvidia announces the 4000 series, then hitting the shelves around November December?

Soldato
wow

have u guys noticed the price of GPUs, going so low? 3090 for 1200 quid! new,

whats gonna happen to the 4000 series prices now? if a 3090 is 1200 then the 4000 series wont be that much far off right?

is it like 8 weeks before Nvidia announces the 4000 series, then hitting the shelves around November December?

My predictions, based on inflation and the more expensive node used for the 4000 series:

4080 = £850
4090 = £1600

Back
Top Bottom