• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 780a chipset with an ATI graphics card

Associate
Sorry this might seem like a stupid question but if I switch from a Nvidia GPU on my Nvidia 780a chipset to an ATI GPU will I experience any issues?

I assume that if i remove the GPU drivers correctly i won't receive any issues but i thought i'd confirm this first before i consider buying from the red side lol

My motherboard is an ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe
And current GPU is XFX Nvidia 9800GT

It may be worth noting that this board does feature onboard graphics from an integrated 8200 so i'm not sure if that effects the situation as i've never actively used it...

Oh and on another note i will be making the switch from Windows Vista HP 64 to Windows 7 Home 64 when it is released so if a complete reinstall is recommended that is not an issue :)

Any help on this would be appreciated....

Associate
No problem at all. Just take the usual precautions of removing the drivers properly for the Nvidia card.

By the sounds of it then you aren't using the Hybrid SLI anyway but just ensure that the IGP is disabled.

No real need to do a clean install, however I probably would. I plan on doing a clean install for Win7 on my rig anyway.

Associate
OP
By the sounds of it then you aren't using the Hybrid SLI anyway but just ensure that the IGP is disabled.

No real need to do a clean install, however I probably would. I plan on doing a clean install for Win7 on my rig anyway.

Yeah i havn't used the hybrid sli and thhe IGP is disabled in bios... When i bought the card I had full intentions on 9800gt on using it but never have done lol

I'm thinking a new GPU purchase should tie in perfectly to the windows 7 release (which i'm also planning a clean install) so i might as well just wait until then before going out and buying a new card... i'm just so tempted to buy a 5870 though lol

Back
Top Bottom