• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 8600 GTS arrived at OcUK Today!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Lolcb said:
Gibbo is pulling his hair out thinking of ways to sell these products. I think he brought in hundreds of these.

HI there

Thankfully only 10pcs.

What can I say, apart from buy an X1950 Pro instead. :)

P.S. Price ammended!

Caporegime
Raikiri said:
I bet most people could beat a stock x1950pro with an overclocked 8600GTS... in performance but defiantly not in value. I have seen x1950pros go for around £100 or less (here and elsewhere). I would have to be 60% faster to be the same value.

This was my main concern with this card.

The 8800 320 GTS is the card to get for 30 more.

this 8600 needs to be around 120 or lower to be a viable choice

Caporegime
willhub said:
Bah its games that matter, not damnd 3DMark lol.

So are you going to discontinue buying them or see how fast the 10 of em sell and then decide if you want more?

I know that, sheesh it was a question I wanted the answer too.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
easyrider said:
No it was a question I needed the answer to. :rolleyes:
Yup, so you could bang on about how its 1GHz core would rip an OCed X1950Pro to shreds in 3D Mark.

We've heard this spiel before easy, even Gibbo just said it's pointless with the X1950Pro (and the 8800GTS also.)

Caporegime
Ulfhedjinn said:
Yup, so you could bang on about how its 1GHz core would rip an OCed X1950Pro to shreds in 3D Mark.

We've heard this spiel before easy, even Gibbo just said it's pointless with the X1950Pro (and the 8800GTS also.)

No,

It was question I wanted the answer to.

Caporegime
Ulfhedjinn and easy I would be a bit careful if I were you... many threads you participate in seem to turn into a petty bitch-fest between you two and i'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting a bit tired of reading it... i'm sure the mods are too.

(Still love you easy).

Caporegime
Richdog said:
Ulfhedjinn and easy I would be a bit careful if I were you... many threads you participate in seem to turn into a bitch-fest between you two and i'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting a bit tired of reading it... i'm sure the mods are too.

(Still love you easy).

Im sick of ulf baiting and trolling too.
Every oportunity he turns it into a slanging match.

I'm bored of his trolling.

(still love you richdog)

OcUK Staff
OP
willhub said:
Bah its games that matter, not damnd 3DMark lol.

So are you going to discontinue buying them or see how fast the 10 of em sell and then decide if you want more?

Hi there

We shall sell them but hold very small amounts and won't promote the product. Why promote something when their is a superior better product for less money, like the X1950 Pro?

So for us this product will be something we offer but not something we try to push if you get my drift unless its performance dramatically improves with new drivers or something.

OcUK Staff
OP
QUIT the bitching or you both loose your accounts, simple as!!

Discuss the product constructively but don't resort to sarcastic and bitchy comments at one another, your adults, behave like adults please guys. :)

Soldato
Richdog said:
Ulfhedjinn and easy I would be a bit careful if I were you... many threads you participate in seem to turn into a petty bitch-fest between you two and i'm sure i'm not the only one who's getting a bit tired of reading it... i'm sure the mods are too.

(Still love you easy).
True, I get carried away far too easily. My apologies. :)

Gibbo said:
QUIT the bitching or you both loose your accounts, simple as!!

Discuss the product constructively but don't resort to sarcastic and bitchy comments at one another, your adults, behave like adults please guys. :)
I agree Gibbo, and my apologies. I for one am also going to take responsibility for my arguing and not act like only one party is doing it.

So again Gibbo, sorry for the argument. :)

Are you planning to test any of these yourself to see how it does against an X1950Pro and 8800GTS? There's plenty of reviews and benchmarks to go on so far but none of them are what anyone would call "official" really.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Hi there

We shall sell them but hold very small amounts and won't promote the product. Why promote something when their is a superior better product for less money, like the X1950 Pro?

So for us this product will be something we offer but not something we try to push if you get my drift unless its performance dramatically improves with new drivers or something.

You may find the enthusiast wanting them to voltmod em

1ghz on the core with stock cooling offers 7900 GT speeds with dx10 but then again they would just get a 8800 i suppose.

send me one if you like to test :p

OcUK Staff
OP
SkeeterPSA said:
Hmm i thought you said gibbo you wouldnt sell asus cards cos of the poor warrenty or somit. So surprised you have got these in.

Hi there

They are currently on trial as they have offered to improve greatly. :)

Back
Top Bottom