• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
exactly you need to see the performance impact on frame rates as opposed to how much a vram is requested

Microsoft FS2020 is practically beta software anyway at this stage its still DirectX 11 for goodness sake with all the threading constraints that entails
BigBANGtheory, check the conversation I started with you, thanks :)

Soldato
Just out of curiosity...

How many people keep their card for 5 years? Can't say I ever have.
Mind you, can't say I've ever had a card break either.

Just seems a LOT of mad love for the 5 year warranty and I'm sitting here like, meh. what am I missing?

Soldato
Just out of curiosity...

Just seems a LOT of mad love for the 5 year warranty and I'm sitting here like, meh. what am I missing?

Probably not many, though I'm well into my fourth year and if Nvida hadn't been made to see sense with the 3 series, I was quite prepared to wait for the 4 series.

And the warranty, yeh, I have none now, so if it breaks, my loss.

If it was a Zotac, it would still be covered.

And of course, adds to the resale value, so what's not to like?

Associate
The pricing doesn't make sense, if AMD are gona come in cheaper than the 3080, and have more vram, why would Nvidia then, increase the vram on their card, but price it even higher (by adding another £350+ to their card, thats already beat on price and vram).
One school of thought is AMD won't come close to the 3090 so Nvidia can charge what they want. Big loss of face if Nvidia have drop the price of the 3090 by hundreds.

Soldato
Just out of curiosity...

Useful for when you come to sell it.

Soldato
Just out of curiosity...

Indeed, for me 3 years with decent RMA service will suffice. The longest i've ever had a GPU is this 1080Ti since release, if it went bust now then oh well nevermind.

Soldato
Just remember the 3090 has memory modules on the back of the card so anyone trying to use their own AIo is going to have a bad time with over heating memory

iirc basically all 3090 coolers are now using new cold plates and heatpipes that transfer heat from memory modules at the back of the pcb into the backplate where the fans push the air through - stick an AIO and those memory modules have zero airflow and no heat transfer sadly

gamers nexus specifically mentikned he will be testing memory temperature as he believes someone is going to **** up their cooler design and not cool the memory at the back properly, it's a new design and some of the AIB won't know how to deal with it

Side of the GPU. Not on it ;)

Can use their standard Plexi blocks , change stock terminal for PUMP terminal and DONE !

Back
Top Bottom