1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LoadsaMoney, 4 Oct 2019.

1. hyperseven

Sgarrista

Jesus, one of the most unprofessional promo videos I have ever seen :eek: Hope their products aren't reflective of this.

2. pBay

Gangster

Compared to Gigabytes advert, it's a production masterclass

3. hyperseven

Sgarrista

Even terrible it had some production value, this was some person on a lunch break with their mobile :D

4. pBay

Gangster

Haha true. At least they actually showed the product! Looks good!

5. P.B

Wise Guy

1000% improved

6. willhub

Capodecina

Wish we knew how easy it would be to buy one of these, or come 2pm on the 17th will the website crash ?

Or will it be like a supermarket during the lockdown with a virtual queue first come first served

7. ihatelag

Wise Guy

Looks like a three slot 3080, that one chunky card. I don't like the yellow colour power leads though but the card looks nice.

8. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

9. pBay

Gangster

Yes pleasingly chunky. The power leads don't bother me, already have braided cables and vertical mounting means I don't need to tell the world I "live to game".

10. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

11. ihatelag

Wise Guy

12. chaparral

Capodecina

WOW look how high that thing is compared to the metal end bracket
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Sep 2020
  13. ihatelag

Wise Guy

That pic is breaking my mobile browser @chaparral

EDIT - never mind, on PC now, all ok

Last edited: 9 Sep 2020
  14. Satchfanuk

Hitman

Great cover for a lack of stock, 'It's the mining craze snapping up all the cards' rather than admit the yields are in the toilet :p

15. TheLegacy

Associate

Ugh, the more I think about it... the only graphically demanding PC game I'll be playing before Christmas might be Cyberpunk 2077 (if I don't buy on console). I'm truly wondering whether it's wise to spend £600+ on a new gpu when I'm only really going to play one big game. I might just hold off from buying next week and see what AMD are offering first at least, consoles are usually my main gaming platforms (90% of my friends are on console).

16. Mensy

Hitman

The one im after if i dont get the FE but i do like the look of the amped ones

17. Adrian1976

Hitman

I feel you, that's bad needing 3, god knows how many they have if any come release day, @Gibbo said he'd have more information this week for people who want them.

18. Poneros

Soldato

There's many issues and incompatibilities surrounding it, so the chance of it just working isn't great. Glad you didn't run into any.

For example, a single thread for a single tv just about earc: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/lg-c9-earc-info-thread.3072900/

19. weyland yutani

Wise Guy

Not really followed the news on these closely, will the 3070 really match a 2080ti?

20. Poneros

Soldato

In theory it should be close enough, but since 3070s launch in October we have no independent data to verify that claim.