• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
fG2mpd1.gif

People in a few days wondering they go 3080 or wait for big navi. (This works for both threads :p)

people who get 3080 should not be worried because its a relatively cheap card and is a monster, end of story.

Its the 3090 owners who will need anti anxiety pills, because the card is so expensive already

Soldato
people who get 3080 should not be worried because its a relatively cheap card and is a monster, end of story.

Its the 3090 owners who will need anti anxiety pills, because the card is so expensive already

Relatively cheap?

Nearly £700 for a gpu is now classed as relatively cheap?

Well nvidia definitely changed perceptions over the last few generations.

Associate
fG2mpd1.gif

People in a few days wondering they go 3080 or wait for big navi. (This works for both threads :p)

All we ever hear is wait for Amd they have something big and it always ends up pap or mid range. I would love them to come out and beat nvidia for the competition and price drops but id be very surprised if the come close to the 3080. If they do the that means nvidia will have to release the 3080ti sharpish so its a win win.

Soldato
Xbox has the equivalent of a 2080ti in it and it pulls less than 300 watts for the whole system, if AMD can't push out an 3080 competitor then something is seriously wrong at RTG.
I’ve been out of the gpu loop for 6 months, when I left it was looking more like a 1080 in the Xbox perhaps a ti, do you have a source for this so I can educate myself?

Associate
Almost guaranteed there are more stories online saying miners are sweeping up all the stock than there are actual miners sweeping up the stock. With many publications ripping every other publications stories off for hits this is the way.

Unless you're paying next to nothing for electricity or the price of crypto increases significantly, it will take ages to break even.

But if you're worried, on 17th September at 2pm keep mashing F5 and lock in your price and stock by putting an order in. It's not difficult.

Yep I agree, some people are saying a year to break even but I have no idea.

As long as prices don't go up before release shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

Soldato
Its entirely possible as there are bulk buys going on behind the scenes which is a shame.

Anything is possible in China. No one cares about embargo or NDAs etc - thats why miners are already buying 3080's and why 3080 reviews are going up in China. heck there are even people selling 3080's over the water in Hong Kong over Facebook

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Anything is possible in China. No one cares about embargo or NDAs etc - thats why miners are already buying 3080's and why 3080 reviews are going up in China. heck there are even people selling 3080's over the water in Hong Kong over Facebook

Its not in the spirit and its bad that the supply chain can be easily manipulated. I hope its not the case tbh.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If they are maxed settings then that is pretty decent considering the jump over a 2080Ti and the perf jump with dlss which looks better than native in most cases.

I’d be more concerned about stock levels to be honest.

That’s not the point though is it. One of the main reasons I thought might as well go 3080 over the 3070 is the excellent performance numbers given by digital foundry and by Jensen. Not then settling for decent.

Relatively cheap?

Nearly £700 for a gpu is now classed as relatively cheap?

Well nvidia definitely changed perceptions over the last few generations.
+1

Back
Top Bottom