• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
RTX IO, do we know if it will work at all with Sata based SSD’s, as in principal it can surely still load straight from the drive to the graphics card, or is RTX IO reliant on the pcie bus for it to function?

Soldato
Look what I just found in the loft. How far we've come!

Voodoo2a.jpg

Voodoo2b.jpg

Heh, I had two of those!

I remember taking an extended lunch break to go to Jungle (?) Computers to buy a second one.

Happy days.

Associate
hmm so will i be fine with my Corsair RMX 850 PSU for 10900k + 3090 rtx or will i need to upgrade it?

You will be fine. There's a Gamer's Nexus video from yesterday, and it discusses how people tend to buy larger PSU's than required.

It shows a 10900K and a 2080ti (which is 100 watts less than 3090) and it draws less than 550watts in stress tests, and around 450 watts in gaming.

850w PSU is more than sufficient, and for anyone else reading, 750w PSU is also fine :)

Soldato
The Touring 2nd hand market is just utterly destroyed at this point... I mean who would buy a 2080s for 490 2nd hand? It really stinks to be stuck with these cards, however, people have been warned.

Associate
Man of Honour
The Touring 2nd hand market is just utterly destroyed at this point... I mean who would buy a 2080s for 490 2nd hand? It really stinks to be stuck with these cards, however, people have been warned.

It has happened with many generations in the past - Pascal and Turing are the only ones really that have been more phased.

Back
Top Bottom