• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA announces DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution), coming to GeForce drivers on Jan 14

Soldato
Tried it in Fallout:New Vegas ( with 2.25), on top of the other max out settings. It maxes out one core (2600x) in some scenarios and FPS tanks into 30s, lol. I miss the to old scaling from AMD drivers without this hassle.

Soldato
Screenshots generally get taken before the downscaling takes place so just see the game's render at the higher resolution. I expect that makes a lot of comparisons out there a bit moot. I read that GFE screenshots should be updated to take them properly but my screenshot hotkey seems to stop working after I run a DLDSR resolution, curious if it working for others and just a problem with my own system?

For example I start Guardians of the Galaxy, press hotkey works fine, change in game resolution to 2880p and no longer works. Alt-F2 photo mode stll works but end up with full 2880p shots anyway. Lowering resolution back down again and the standard capture hotkey still doesnt work...

Soldato
It looks much better than the equivalent DSR resolutions in the Witcher 3, the aliasing around metallic objects like Geralt's medallion and weapons almost disappears.

But it reduces my framerate down from 60-70 to around 30-34. It doesn't appear to be caused by VRAM, as only ~60% is being utilized. So, maybe it would be playable with an RTX 3080 like this, and likely an RTX 3090.

Something is causing 1 or 2 of my CPU cores to spike with DL-DSR enabled in this game, reaching 100% utilization. The CPU utilization is much lower playing at standard 4K resolution.

I'll be sticking to FXAA in this game for now...

Last edited:
Associate
Screenshots generally get taken before the downscaling takes place so just see the game's render at the higher resolution. I expect that makes a lot of comparisons out there a bit moot. I read that GFE screenshots should be updated to take them properly but my screenshot hotkey seems to stop working after I run a DLDSR resolution, curious if it working for others and just a problem with my own system?

For example I start Guardians of the Galaxy, press hotkey works fine, change in game resolution to 2880p and no longer works. Alt-F2 photo mode stll works but end up with full 2880p shots anyway. Lowering resolution back down again and the standard capture hotkey still doesnt work...

You can notice the difference in screenshots alone , i posted a few comparison shots of dark souls 3 in this thread and you can see in the pictures that it clears up the jaggies from native and they were taken with Geforce Experience :)

Caporegime
Been messing around with this more especially in games with dlss, this is a killer feature to have, works so well. Recommend people give this a shot in cyberpunk.

Caporegime
Can you get 8K to work?

For cyberpunk? Only tried it on my 3440x1440 display so res. are:

5160x2160
4587x1920

Both work fine but 5160x2160 (and arguably so is 4587x1920) is too much even when using dlss performance. Probably could get it running well tbf but then I would have to sacrifice RT psycho settings and some of the my mods so wouldn't be worth it imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For cyberpunk? Only tried it on my 3440x1440 display so res. are:

5160x2160
4587x1920

Both work fine but 5160x2160 (and arguably so is 4587x1920) is too much even when using dlss performance. Probably could get it running well tbf but then I would have to sacrifice RT psycho settings and some of the my mods so wouldn't be worth it imo.
Any game really. Not tried it yet myself. You have a 4K OLED don’t you? :)

Soldato
So, the correct DSR and DL-DSR resolutions are showing for me now:

AMrPhLS.jpg

I haven't changed anything it's weird. I rebooted my PC at some point but nothing else.

Feeling less confused now lol, the multipliers actually reflect the resolution on the right.

EDIT - nope, they've gone back to being exactly half the value of the output resolution, must be a driver / software bug.

I tried 8K DSR in The Witcher 3 and got ~25 FPS, higher than I expected! Interestingly, it didn't get rid of all the aliasing around some objects like windows, wooden beams etc when moving the camera.

So, I still think the best solution to aliasing for today's hardware is a decent implementation of temporal anti-aliasing, which the Witcher 3 has always lacked.

Best / easiest thing for gamers would be an option to enable DLSS from the Nvidia Control Panel (which incorporates spatial and temporal AA).

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I had a go on it using Prey and also Tomb Raider. You can't get it to work on 8K as there is no 4.00X multiplier for DL Scaling.

What was weird however was even using 1.78x DL performance would tank a lot. Seemed same performance as Legacy if I was to take a guess based on percentages. I did to a clean install of Nvidia drivers though, so could be something that is required to make it work was not installed.

Nice feature, but I do not think I will be needing it for anything I am playing currently anyway and by the time I do it may improve and would be good if they offered a 4.00X DL option for we can test 8K :D

Back
Top Bottom