• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA announces GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti

Soldato
Seems well expensive, 3080ti aint much better than a 3080 and it's nearly double the price and uses the same cooler.

The 3070ti ain't much better than the 3060ti and nearly double the price.

Associate
Seems well expensive, 3080ti aint much better than a 3080 and it's nearly double the price and uses the same cooler.

The 3070ti ain't much better than the 3060ti and nearly double the price.

dont think I have ever seen a mythical unicorn 3060ti at any price let alone msrp

Soldato
I dunno why you all getting excited about this. I really don't.

You are all getting you hopes up but less face it, any website getting these on release will be, either scalper price, add 200% at least..... to those prices, or the websites will crash and then be sold out, or, youll get in to a pre-order queue and be waiting 6 months.

Sorry post what you like on these forums, just at saying it seems like spreading hype around when reality is far from.

Unless OCUK do something through the MM, then people just complain they dont qualify for that.

Nvidia might as well be releasing a card that's 100 times faster than a 3090 with 64GB of RAM for £1 RRP, because that means about much to any of us as this does.

Associate
The advantage of limiting mining in drivers is... that if gamers aren't willing to pay this much (or rather not enough gamers - as far too many are willing to pay this much) and they remain sitting on the shelves, they can also nood and wink accidentally leak a driver which doesn't limit mining!
The might have to leak this driver before ETH goes POS though.

Soldato
The performance gap between the 3080 and 3090 is already small between 10/20%, they’re asking nearly double the price for an extra 10% increase for the Ti models… This generation lineup is so messed up, i worry what the next lineup for the 4000 series will be like.

Soldato
Not been following what's going on with GPU's but first thought is, it's nothing like we had previously with the 80 Ti?. If I remember correctly the 3090 is not much faster than the 3080 in many scenario's (7%? or have the drivers increased this now?). so this will be a little slower, cheaper, but nowhere near the original 3080 price, FE's anyway.

3080 has been the notably good GPU this gen for the £, well, if you can get one at a non-OTT price :). £649

Last edited:
Soldato
Not hugely surprised at the $1199 price for the 3080 Ti. Spec is really close to the 3090, but with half the RAM. For gaming (or mining...) the performance difference is going to be tiny, but at $300 lower RRP.

3070 Ti seems a bit "meh" though.

Soldato
Ngreedia are just amplifying the current ****** market with more expensive cards that take dies away from the more affordable cards. **** em.

I'm starting to build up some hate for Nvidia.

I'm not saying AMD are all holy saints either, but next GPU purchase is going to be AMD.

I always used to buy AMD anyway, I think historically they have been better value for money, although I can't complain about my EVGA 1070 I'm still using the thing has proven itself.

But that's one of only 2 Nvidia purchases the other being an 8800GTX that died within a year.

Every other GPU since the days of ATI (as it was) 9000 pro and up have been AMD, mostly Sapphire, all been flawless.

Back
Top Bottom